Alone

Luce walked quickly through the pristine halls of the airport, her huge duffel bag hanging from her shoulder. It was quiet, all she could hear was her heavy footfall and the pounding of her own heart.

Luce didn't know what to think as she followed the directions to the arrivals waiting area. Mr Cole had told her that Daniel would be there; ready to take her someplace safe.

That information should have been enough to calm her, but if anything it scared her more.

Luce still hadn't quite gotten her head around what happened that night at sword and cross. Penn's death, nearly being sacrificed by her teacher miss Sophia, and finding out that the Boy that she was hoplessly in love with was a fallen angel, who has been in love with her for thousands of years.

To any sane person nothing from that night would have made any sense, but to Luce somehow it did. Everything felt insanly true, and that terrified her.

Luce pushed the memories to the back of her head as she neared the exit. She was getting closer to him. she could feel him before she saw him, sat on an empty bench of plastic seats, staring at the clock on the wall to the left of him and tapping his foot impatiently.

Then he saw her. Daniel's face went from contorted with worry and frustration to complete calm. His eyes lit up and he rose from his chair.

Luce smiled, still not fully believing that he was hers. She slowly made her way to Daniel where he embraced her in a comforting hug. Luce felt her eyes begining to tear as the memories slowly started to re-enter her brain. she bit her lip hard and the droplets retreated.

Daniel stroked her hair and pulled her head up slightly so that their gazes locked together.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice full of concern.

No, Luce was not okay. She had gone through a lot the past few weeks; Heck, her entire life had been pretty damn rough. She was used to it. She was tough. She could get through this by herself just like everything else. Luce just needed a little time.

"Yeah, i'm okay, just trying to get used to everything." Luce whispered, biting down on her bottem lip again.

Daniel nodded slowly and pressed his lips to the crown of her head. Luce felt her heart warm at his touch. She smiled up at him and took his hand in hers, interlocking their fingers.

"Shall we get out of here?" Luce asked.

Daniel laughed lightly and took luce's bag off her shoulder and lead her towards the sliding doors and into the california heat.

"Come on then, Princess."

Luce walked into the packed parking lot and welcomed the dry warmth on her skin. She had never been to California before, (That is, in this liftime.) and she already loved it more than Georgia.

Daniel stopped infront of a black Alfa Romao convertable, and Luce felt her jaw drop.

"Is this yours? Did you know this is my absolute dream car?" Luce asked in awe.

Daniel smiled and took her hand again. "Well, Actually it's your's. From your previous life, it was a sweet sixteen present from your parents."

Daniel pressed the keys into her palm where the initials L.P where engraved into them. "Your name was Lucinda Prescot back then. You died a few weeks after your birthday and your parents sold it to some rich guy in San Fransico. I bought it from him soon after that."

Daniel's eyes were filled with pain after remembering that life. To this day, 17 years later he still had constant visions of her death in that liftime, it was certainly one of the most horrific. And the images were always there, an imprint burnt into the back of his mind.