First Day

Author's note - please do not be confused when reading this, this is my version of fallen and will be different from the books. It is based off both the movie and the books and I envision all actors from the movie as the same characters in this story.

Enjoy! And feel free to drop me a review. xo

Francesca greeted Luce in front of the large glass double doors with a warm and welcoming smile. She placed a hand on Luce's shoulder and guided her into the building, through a large white reception area and up 2 flights of stairs leading into a long corridor.

"Daniel told me you were a friend of his, does that make you..." Luce began.

"An angel? Yes Daniel and I have known each other for millennia. He called me yesterday and filled me in, asked if I could help you." her voice was so soothing, like dripping honey.

"Of course I said yes. You probably don't remember me Luce, but you and I have met many times in the past."

They took a left turn at the end of the hallway.

Luce examined her face again, soft shoulder length blonde hair, bright blue eyes and full pink lips. she seemed to be mid- thirties maybe? But Luce felt no recognition for this woman.

She shook her head,"I'm sorry, I wish I could remember you." Luce averted her gaze, looking instead at the door numbers to her right. 237, 239, 241.

"I know these last few days have been hard for you, but Daniel did the right thing in bringing you here, you'll be safe, protected. And we can help you uncover some of your memories."

Francesca stopped outside room number 248, and handed her a silver key.

"Thank you."

Luce took the key tentatively. She felt bad, Francesca was being so nice to her, but Luce was just too tired to say much more.

"Breakfast is served from 8 in the mess hall on the ground floor, and class starts at 9. I'll send someone to help you with directions. Good night Luce, sleep well."

"Thank you, again. Good night Francesca." Luce turned the key and opened the heavy door. The room was dark apart from a beam of moon light coming from the half open shutters. Luce noticed 2 double beds on opposite sides of the room, and as her eyes adjusted she could make out a bulge under the covers. Assuming that was her sleeping roommate, Luce tip-toed over to the other bed, slipped her duffel bag off her shoulder, kicking off her shoes, pulled back the fresh cotton duvet and promptly flopped onto the bed.

Luce woke to the sound of someone angrily opening and shutting drawers, she rolled onto her back and cracked her eyes open a fraction. A girl, about Luce's age with long blonde hair tied in a messy bun atop her head was rooting through a dresser and huffing in frustration.

As if she could sense Luce staring, the girl whipped around and they're eyes locked. She was wearing a baggy sweatshirt and yoga pants, her face red and sweaty as if she had just had a workout.

"um... Hi" Luce mumbled, still groggy.

The blonde continued to stare, then spoke up in an unnecessarily rude tone. "Frankie didn't tell me I was getting a roommate; I'm sure you can understand my surprise when she told me you were the Lucinda Price."

Luce pushed her covers off and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Hang on, what do you mean by The Lucinda Price? How do you know me?"

Her roommate laughed, "Every nephilim at this school knows who you are, your famous here." she started bitterly, then paused for a moment and took in Luce's dumbfounded expression, and her own softened slightly. "My name's Shelby, by the way"