{Stop Deceiving, Kano. Show Your True Self, Kido}

November 19

Three days before Ayano Tateyama’s birthday. Kano was searching for Kido to tell her about his plan on how to celebrate their big sister’s birthday together with the gang.

Kidooooo~!!!” Kano called while looking for Kido. Kido was apparently in the kitchen preparing for their lunch and she has to admit that she’s starting to get irritated with that jerk’s voice.

I’m here.” She replied. Good timing that Kano found her in the kitchen while she’s preparing tendon and onigiri for lunch.

Mmm~! Smells delicious! You’re really good at cooking, Kido.” He beamed.

Shut up, Kano. I’m busy here.” She answered with a bored tone while readying the dishes.

Oh come on, Kido! I’m telling the truth!” He protested.

Kido turned to him with a poker face. “I’m not sure if you really are telling the truth.

Ah~ah. Suit yourself.” He pouted.

Just help me here if you don’t have anything more to do other than disturbing me.” She divulged coldly. He’s starting to get in my nerves, she thought.

Kano still pouted but then he remembered why he was looking for her. “Oh! Oh! I did come here for a reason! I want to tell you something.

Nan da? (What is it?)

It’s almost nee-chan’s birthday! We need to celebrate it with the gang!” He exclaimed brightly as he proposed his notion.

Kido then got Kano’s point. “Oh right. Good idea, Kano. Let’s tell the others later.

Yey! You really are the best gang leader, Kido!” He smiled.

Kido blushed with his compliment. But then, as the gang leader, she needs to have a stoic, cold, yet strong facade to cover her weakness. “Oh shut up, Kano. Just help me here.” She replied with a hint of annoyance. She doesn’t want to be flattered with his compliments. But deep inside, she’s brimming with joy. She just doesn’t want him to see it.

Haaai~!” He obeyed.

***

Kano and Kido went to the dining room and called everybody to eat lunch. The whole gang came in and started eating after saying their prayers. In the middle of savoring their sumptuous meal specially made by their danchou, Kano then presented his plan regarding on their Founding Commander’s birthday. Everyone was excited and gave ideas and suggestions. Although it’s very obvious that Shintaro was a bit despondent for remembering Ayano’s birthday, he just went with the flow. After settling things, they immediately prepared for Ayano’s birthday on the 22nd of November.

Even though she’s not here anymore.

***

November 22

Ayano’s birthday came. Everyone was engaged with their assignments. Marry and Seto were placing balloons around the room, Momo and Hibiya were hanging birthday party decors, Kano and Shintaro were arranging things with Ene ordering around like a boss, and Kido and Konoha were in the kitchen making food. Everyone in the gang seemed happy in their preparations. And after that, they partied. Konoha was busy munching the delicious food he and Kido prepared, Seto and Marry were laughing gaily with Kano’s pranks on Shintaro, Ene was cheering at Hibiya and Momo who were briskly playing an online computer game, while Kido just sat there in the couch, observing the jaunt atmosphere. The whole gang is really enjoying, huh? She smiled internally with that thought.