Chapter 3

"Wake up dear.Your father will be here shortly."

"Yes Mom."

I was never an early riser and not even after placing a foot in adulthood.Today is my birthday.Am officially eighteen and in line of waiting for my mate.

"Sia are you in there?"

"Yes Dad,I'll be there in a few."

"Okay princess, just make it quick.we need to reach there before its too late tomorrow."

I felt panic rush through me as I registered the facts.Today was the day we take the road for tomorrow's meeting of the packs.All the Alphas and Betas will be attending the meeting at the big city of Ottawar.

Canada is a beautiful country with large vast forest area which makes it suitable for beings like us but what require my attention right now is the fact that I was going to accompany my Father,the beta of my pack" The Moon Liners."The sudden burst of light surprised me when i tucked my head out from under the covers.

I left my comfortable bed only to be greeted by my ringing phone.Looking at the caller ID made me feel a glimpse of hope.

"Hey Reb."I said answering the phone and making my way to my bathroom.

"Hey Sia are you ready, my Dad says that the Alpha of the Black Rivers will be there."

At the mention of this pack, I felt a sudden surge of fear and digust.These wolves were the most powerful ones in the country and as a matter of fact the world.They were blessed by the moon goddess.The legend says that they are the first wolves that walked the earth, but even thou they hold such importance,their acts have always been considered as taboo and immorale.

"Why will he be there?"I asked trying to hide the pain in my voice but failing miserably at the thought of the pack members we have lost to them.

"I don't know,My father just said that we ought to remain carefull."

"Hey I'll be there in a few minutes."

With that I made my way to the bathroom for my quiet time,but the thoughts of the possible dangers of the Black River pack kept twirling in my mind.The disgust and hate that i felt for them seemed to obscure my better judgement of things.

************************************

"Dad tell me about the Black River pack,Its just that I want to know what am supposed to look out for."I asked my Dad with a grin plastered to my face.

"Well they are the most cruel pack that you will ever meet with,and the fact that they are physically stronger than other wolves gives them a peak advantage.After the death of Alpha korus,his son Alpha Xares has taken control.He seems to be more out going than his father ever were.We shall see if this new Alpha is as mighty as everyone seems to be saying."He replied while taking a turn to get out of the forest.

"Everyone?"

"Yes,his new actions of defeating various Alphas have made the rumors for some time now."replied Rebbeca.I could see the worry she felt for her father in her tone and how this was getting on her nerves.My bestfriend had this bad habit of playing with her hairs when ever she felt nervous.

"How much time before we reach destination."I asked looking at the scene unfolding.The landscape of mountains and forest was breathtaking at this early time of the day.The wind gust was making an amazing effect with the trees and the mountain in the background.This sight is worthy of awards.

"We should arrive there tomorrow morning, well before the deadline of noon." replied Alpha Fabian.

"This is going to be a long ride."