I Can Always Make You Smile- A ShadAmy Story

Shadow sat at their usual spot in the cafeteria, waiting for his friends. He picked at his food absently and watched as Scourge paused to flirt with the squirrel, Sally. The jock's girlfriend. Her clothes were tight and revealing, so Shadow kept most of his attention on Scourge and the rest of the gang behind him.

"You look pretty lonely over here," the green hedgehog said with a smirk.

Sally seemed to have a hint of a smile as she scanned his low jeans with a hint of boxers, up to his leather jacket and white T-shirt. Sally loved to make Sonic jealous.

And there he came, pushing Scourge back with a palm flat against the green hedgehog's chest. Scourge backed up without much protest, holding his hands up innocently. With a wink to Sally, he took his tray of food out of Jet's hand and headed over to where Shadow sat.

Scourge loved to irritate Sonic because he wanted to get him fired up. Which never really worked. No one has ever heard Sonic yell. Or anyone else from his group of friends, as Shadow thought about it.

The cafeteria buzzed with activity now. Everyone was talking about and making bets on how long Sonic will continue to put up with Sally's crap. Shadow didn't particularly care. He never did.

Scourge, Espio, and Shade sat down, their trays clattering against the table as they were set down. "Ever the lonely emo," Espio commented.

"Fuck off, Espio," Shadow spat irritably. Espio always harrassed Shadow for preferring not to join in their trouble making.

Shade rubbed Espio's arm affectionately. "Oh, leave him alone," she told him before he got a chance to yell back at Shadow. Shadow gave Shade an appreciative glance. When was around the three of them, she was actually pretty kind. "You should get yourself a girlfriend," she said thoughtfully to Shadow.

Scourge, who had nothing to contribute to the conversation so far, suddenly bust out laughing. Shadow stared at Scourge blankly and Shade waited curiously for an explanation. "Shadow? Girlfriend?" Scourge asked between laughs.

"What? He's attractive," Shade said helpfully. Espio glared at his girlfriend for saying that in front of him.

Scourge waved a hand dismissively and shook his head as the laughing died down. He took a deep breathe and finally explained, "It's not that." He cleared his throat and addressed Shadow, "It's just your so," he paused, "emotionless."

"Cold," Espio elaborated.

Shade sighed and looked at Shadow with a "sorry" shrug.

Shadow jut shrugged and rolled his eyes, having more interest in his french fries. Scourge then poked Shadow's shoulder deviously, earning a glare from the striped hedgehog, who didn't like to be touched. "I know exactly who you should go out with," he said. Scourge then looked over to Sonic's table, where they were laughing and teasing each other.

Sonic and Sally sat next to each other, having their own private coversation, proabably about the episode with Scourge. A yellow fox sat next to Sonic, Miles Prower, also known as Tails, who was talking to the rabbit named Cream. The hedgehog known as Silver was showing of his telekinesis to Blaze the purple cat, Rouge the bat, and the hothead echidna Knuckles. Silver blushed when Blaze had said something to him. Knuckles had then probably said something rude to them, because it looked like he and Rouge were getting into an arguement. Shadow didn't ever recall it escalalting into a shouting match though. That's when a pink hedgehog bad intercepted and alleviated the disagreement by getting everyone to laugh.

"Who?" Shadow heard Shade ask.

Shadow sighed. He knew exactly who Scourge had in mind, and he didn't like it.