⚊ch. 3, welcome to the freakshow

*

➸ CHAPTER 3!
welcome to the freakshow

*

*

❝hey everybody! the freakshow's back in town!❞

*

Everyone. Yes, everyone.

Those who are reading this. Those who aren't reading this. Young. Old. We all aren't really that different.

Everyone is bullied, made fun of, and teased at some point in their life.  There is no way around it.

It's like a test that life gives us. It wants to see if we're strong enough to live on in this harsh world. The majority of us who are still alive, we're strong. Some of us didn't think they were strong enough and gave up early in the game. 

But, we all get bullied at some point. Whether it's when you're a nine-year-old girl being pushed into the sand at the playground or if you're a guy in his mid-thirties still living in his mother's basement with no job.

Micheal Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, and William Byers, were probably the most bullied students in all of Hawkins High.

They were weird. Strange. Complete 'freaks'. But they were also best friends.

They had always been best friends. They treated each other like brothers. Always had each other's backs and being there for one another. The boys were happy to have each other.

This, however...Was not one of those brotherly, happy, moments...

"LUCAS, NO! IT'S FRAGILE!"

"DUSTIN, IT'S FINE! AND STUPID! SUPER STUPID!"

"NO, IT'S NOT! YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS, SINCLAIR!"

"I AM NOT! IT'S JUST SO DUMB I HAVE TO POINT OUT ITS STUPIDITY!"

"How long do you think this will last?" Mike asked as he sat next to Will, handing the boy a glass of apple juice. Will shrug, "All this over a doll? Seriously?" the boy asked, blowing his bangs out of his hazel eyes.

Dustin looked over at Will disbelief, hurt, and shock was written all over his face. He snatched the figurine out of Lucas' hands, "'A doll'? 'A DOLL'?! THIS IS NOT JUST A DOLL, WILLIAM BYERS!" he exclaimed.

"THIS PRINCESS DAPHNE FIGURINE IS RARE AND IRREPLACEABLE! THEY WON'T EVEN MAKE THESE ANYMORE!" Dustin placed the 'Princess' on a high shelf. "I even heard that there were only ten in total that were ever made!"

Lucas rolled his eyes and plopped onto Dustin's bed, "Yeah, Keith told you that. But, he's twenty-four still working at the arcade and eats Cheetos for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

"You know that's all bull right, Dustin?" Mike laughed as he took a swig from his glass. Dustin lightly glared at Mike, "It is not bull you asswipe and soon I'll prove it!" 

Mike laughed, "Alright, sure thing Dusty. I'm going home. Mom said if I'm not back by seven o' clock, she'll kill me and hang me outside with the laundry." 

Dustin said bye as the rest started to leave. All of them went back to their respected homes. 

As much as they loved their families, they felt as if none of them understood them as well as they did each other. 

The only one who felt a little bit closer to his family was Will. But, barely.

The night time went by in a blink and it was soon morning. The boys got ready and soon left their homes, riding to school together on their bikes.

"Mike! Let me borrow your Math notes! If I don't pass this test my mom and Ms. McCarthy will kill me!" Will pleaded as they parked their bikes. Mike laughed, "Sure thing. But, you're helping me with my English essay for Mr. Stewart. I'm terrible at English."

They lived in a carefree world where their only problems were bullies, how they're gonna pass a certain subject and if their D&D campaign would go to shit.

That would change faster than any of them would ever imagine.

But it all started with Troy Harrington.

The boys didn't see the older and chunkier boy approach them from behind. "Move out the way, fairy!" the brown-haired boy yelled, pushing Will to the ground. The others quickly helped Will up as they frowned at Troy.

"Hey, everybody! The freakshow is back in town!" Troy yelled as others snickered at the boys. Troy was suspended for using vulgar language at a teacher and was gone for about a week. It was probably the best week of the boy's lives.

"Piss off, Troy!" Dustin said bravely. Troy smirked at Dustin before grabbing him by the collar and pushing him against the lockers. 

James, Troy's best buddy, pushed and blocked Will, Mike, and Lucas way to get to Dustin. 

"DUSTIN!" they all yelled as the boy struggled to get out of Troy's grip. Dustin could smell his horrid breath. He felt beads of sweat drip down his forehead. 

"Don't test me, toothless," Troy growled, pushing Dustin into the lockers even further, basically choking him.

"You'll never be more than a toothless freakshow, so stay in your place." Troy dropped Dustin as he fell to the floor. Dustin gasped for air and coughed, "Before you get hurt." Troy high fived James as they stalked away, along with the crowd that had watched the entire scene.

The boys ran over to their friend quickly, sitting on the floor with him. Dustin frowned as he looked at the round as the guys bombarded him with questions.

"Are you okay!?"

"Dustin!?"

"Dude, are you okay!?"

Dustin didn't answer any of them. He kept his head down. Troy's words repeating throughout his mind. With as long as the bullying had gone on, it still hurt his feelings, even at sixteen-years-old.

"DUSTIN!" Mike yelled as he shook the boy. Dustin looked at his friend, "Huh? Yeah?" 

"Are you okay? You wouldn't answer us." they all looked at him with so much worry and concern that it hurt the boy's heart. Dustin gave a forced smile, "Yeah. I'm fine. Troy's just an asshole."

Mike smiled lightly, "I don't even understand why he still calls you toothless, your teeth have grown in."

Lucas helped him up as they all started to walk back down the hallway in silence, until Will spoke up, "You know, one of these days, one of these days we'll get him back." the smaller boy smiled at the rest.

Mike chuckled and slightly ruffled Will's bowl cut, "I sure hope so, Will."

The boys were happy to have each other.

But, in the back of Dustin's mind, like most things, he knew that the fight wasn't over.

It usually never was.

*

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment! I love reading your comments, guys, they are absolutely hilarious and motivate me to write!

See you in the next update, lovelies! Mwah~!

*

★彡 HOT COCOA 彡★