6. Fancy (edited)

A/N: Thanks to everyone who's been voting and commenting on this story! I'll put a picture in the side of what Chloe looks like, as she is based off my own cat. Enjoy the chapter!

*******

6. Fancy (EDITED)

Loud thunder crashed outside the jet soon after we had taken off. Loki flinched, a cautious look on his face.

"Afraid  of a little thunder?" asked Steve. 

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki replied cryptically. 

The door to the jet was ripped open and a large figure jumped in, grabbed Loki, and jumped out before I could even register what had happened. 

"Well there goes our prisoner," I said. I still hadn't fully processed what happened. I was pretty sure that was his brother Thor that came and grabbed Loki, but I wasn't sure. I was starting think I was underqualified to be here.

Of course we're qualified to be here. Half the people on this team are lab experiments, how are we different?

First of all, our 'accident' was not intentional. Second, have you not realized that Loki and Thor are literal gods?! We're a glorified furry.

I don't know what a furry is, are they powerful?

... That's a conversation for another time.

"We need a plan of attack," said the Captain, shaking me from my mental conversation with Chloe.

"I have a plan: Attack," Stark said, before immediately jumping out of the jet after Thor and Loki.

"Works for me," I said, walking to the edge of the ripped out door. Mentally preparing, I pushed the cat ears and tail out and jumped, praying that SHIELD's theory that I could land on my feet at all times was true.

The scratches on my face from the tree I landed in proved that theory wrong. 

That fucking hurt. Never again, parachutes only from here on out.

To be fair, you didn't have the claws out and it wasn't a clear space.

I don't particularly feel like trying that again, regardless.

Once I had clambered my way out of the tree and tried to brush the bits of leaves and twigs out of my tail. I observed my surroundings and just as I was about to determine that I had no idea where I, Iron Man, or Loki were, I spotted said god perched on a rock. He seemed to be watching something, clearly entertained with it. I flexed the claws out, trying not to react to the sharp pain in my fingertips, and began to climb up the side of the giant rock Loki sat upon.

"Hello there," I said, pulling myself up and over the edge. He shot me a strange look.

"Aren't you going to join the fight?" he asked, smirking.

"I think I'll pass, too much testosterone," I said. I sat down beside him. "Besides, I just fell into a tree, I think I deserve a break."

We deserve a nap.

There was a pause as Loki considered what I said. 

"Aren't cats supposed land on their feet?" he asked. "Perhaps you are more inadequate than I thought."

"Um, pretty sure I didn't ask for your opinion of me. And I'm also not a cat, not really," I said.

"Who wouldn't want the opinion of a god?"

"I think most people, really."

"People are weak-minded and can't handle the judgement of their betters. Just like you can't handle the freedom you grant yourselves."