Chapter 2

I sighed for what seemed like the millionth time as I sat down along with my friends at our usual lunch table, my tray clattering with the metal.

"Hey, are you okay Blossom?" Amy asked, concern lacing her voice.

I looked at her and sighed again. "Yeah... It's nothing..."

"I really wouldn't call it nothing though..." Rouge said, giving me a pointed stare.

"What do you mean?" I asked, giving her a confused look.

"Well, for starters," Rouge started, "When Mr. Williams asked you what 8 multiplied by 1 was, you answered 3. It was a simple math question and it didn't seem like you at all to mess it up."

I sighed again, before shaking my head. "I honestly don't know what's wrong with me..." I absent-mindedly swirled a sugar cube inside my tea cup until it dissolved and kept adding more until it filled the cup.

"Blossom!" Amy's sharp voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I turned to look at her, realizing that everybody at my table was staring at me.

"Did something happen?" Blaze asked. "If something's wrong, you can tell us. Maybe we can help."

I opened my mouth, ready to respond when I heard shouting. We all immediately looked at where it was coming from. Girls surrounded a table and looking closer, I saw the familiar jacket of a certain hedgehog. Shadow. The girls were all fawning over him but he simply ignored them all. I felt a small knot in my stomach and, biting my lip, I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Cosmo asked, looking at me. She had a really worried expression on her face.

I gave her a small smile. "I'll be right back." I responded as I walked towards the small crowd. "Ladies..." I started, clapping my hands to get their attention. They all turned towards me.

"Wait, is that Blossom?" A voice said

"Yeah, it is." Another voice responded.

"Why is she here..?"

I gave them all a smile before clasping my hands. "Please... You're bothering him. I know he's new and all but please save your questions for him later."

The girls hesitantly looked at each other before walking away. I gave a small sigh before sitting in the chair across from him. "Sorry about that." I apologized, giving him a small smile. "They're harmless, I swear. We don't get many transfers so everybody's worked up. But don't worry, things should die down in a week or so."

He scoffed before looking at me. "You again?" He asked. "I thought I already told you to leave me alone."

I pursed my lips into a line before looking straight at him. "I can't." I quietly said. "Even if you tell me that, that won't stop me from trying. Just know, if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'll be right here for you." And with that, I stood up, pushing in the chair. I gave him a smile smile. "Also, try to make some friends here. Many people here are truly wonderful. Of course, there are some bad people, but still! I'm sure that even they can be kind. Please, give them a chance." I then walked away before he had a chance to say anything more.