Chapter 21

My shivering decreases when Ross' hand reaches out to Colton's chair and grabs a small blanket Colton was using to cover himself. I feel him wrapping it around my back as our lips brush one another. My pulse is going crazy already and it almost stops once Ross closes the gap between us and kisses me on the lips. His head leans up towards mine and he gives me the sweetest wet kiss ever.

Our chest are pressed tightly against one another and it's the best kind of suffocating I've ever experienced. His heavy breathing only thrills me more. I let out a shivering breath as we pull our lips apart to breathe and push them against each other again.

Drumming in my chest won't stop and it pulses through my whole body. The feel of his hands on my waist, underneath the blanket and underneath the shirt soon overwhelms me. He touches the bare skin around my stomach, making me crave more. When I feel a tight squeeze on my hips I kiss him harder.

He quietly lets out the most attractive sound I've ever heard and pushes my legs off of him with his knee. The blanket falls to the floor and he lays me down on it, hovering over me as he keeps deepening our kiss. His elbows are both on each side of my head, keeping his weight off and his knee is now in between my legs.

I am lost in my own little world of Ross and alcohol, not being able to think. His lips suddenly move away from mines and leave wet traces on my cheek as he leads them to my neck. Nobody ever kissed my neck. I never felt so cherished up until now. My eyes are closed and hands are gripping on the material on his chest tightly.

His palm touches the other side of my neck and holds me there, thumb tracing over my cheek. I breathe in the smell of cigarette fallen to the floor when I tackled him down.

Ross leans his mouth against my ear and stops for a moment. He keeps quiet and my cheeks are burning from mixed emotions and a bit of embarrassment.

"Still cold?", his voice then startles me, his hot breath fanning over my ear.

I shake my head, not being able to speak. How can I be?

Ross then raises his head and looks at my face. I look away but I feel an intensive kiss on my lips again. My eyes close and I kiss him back.

Loud phone ring breaks our moment. We both realize it's Ross' and he pulls away and grabs it from the table. His face seems neutral and he turns the screen away from me as he answers it, probably to spare me bad emotions.

But I saw the name.

Lydia.

My chest tightens and it's not a good feeling this time. Ross doesn't move and stays on top of me. I impatiently stare at the tree in front of the terrace.

"Hey. ", he speaks.

I huff and try to push against his chest to make him move. He doesn't. He just grabs my wrist.

"Where are you? You were supposed to come to my place tonight!", the voice yells.

"I'm at my mom's place. ", Ross says as he stares down at me.

"Your mom's? What the fuck, you promised. "

"I know. Sorry but something came up. "

"Something always comes up. I'm sick of it. "

"Me too. ", Ross sighs. "Look, let's meet up tomorrow. I need to talk to you. "

"Are you drunk?", she realizes.

"That doesn't matt-"

"Hii, Lydiaa!", I say loudly and grin in the name of my victory. "What's up?"

Ross glares at me and quickly puts his hand on my mouth. "What the hell?", he whispers.

Lydia's gasps on the other side are uncontrollable. She begins to shout like a maniac.

"You! Why are you with him?!"

I try to mumble something but Ross is still covering my mouth with his hand as he hangs up on her.

I push his hand away this time.

"Why did you have to speak? I wanted to do it the nice way!", he raises his voice at me. I glare at him.

"There is not anything nice about cheating on your girlfriend. If you were gonna be a jerk, be a jerk all the way. "

"I wasn't.."

"You don't owe it to her to be nice anyway. She's a bitch. ", I say a little too quickly, jealousy consuming me.

"Yeah, I do. If I was going to end things at least I'll do it like a man, talking face to face, not making her furious over the phone. ", he spits.

My face is all hot from embarrassment. "You are going to break up with her?"

"Of course. You advised me to. You just don't know shit. I do things in my own way. Try sympathizing a little with other human beings. ", Ross sits up on the floor next to me.

"Oh, so I am being insensitive?", I cross my arms on my chest as I sit up as well. 

Ross shakes his head. "No. You are just being you. "

"Is that bad?", I feel a burn in my chest.

"You just don't have to act right away. Just stop and think about how you'll act and what consequences it will bring for one freaking moment. "

I stand up and walk towards the fence, my eyes prickling. "Fine. Go have a nice conversation with her and pity her until the end. You might as well lie that you haven't just kissed me for her well being, as you say. I don't give a fuck. "

"What's your problem?", I hear him rising to his feet behind me.

I turn around to face him. "My problem is that she had to call right when we were.. when you were.. you know.. and then you act all nice about it. "

"What's wrong with that? You know I could make sure she doesn't interrupt and kiss you again. ", he holds out his phone and puts it on silent.

My eyes go wide.

"Why would you kiss me again..."

"Why? Isn't it obvious?", he approaches me.

My breathing fastens. I try to move but he is already in front of me and I'm pressed back against the fence. Depth of his eyes surrounds me.

"Ross, I..", I mumble the words.

His hands gently grab me by the forearms.

"I know, you said we shouldn't be alone together because we don't act like friends.. I know you have your no-dating policy as well. I know I'm sometimes annoying with all my preaching but I-"

"I'm back!", Colton cheerfully says as him and Kate walk through the door.

Ross' lips press in a tight line and he looks up, rolling his eyes. Clearly annoyed. His breath is heavy as we exchange one last glance.

Ross lets go of me and turns to Colton, so the situation wouldn't become awkward for the rest of the night. "Yo..", he greets him. "Idiot.", he whispers under his breath.

°°°°°°°°°°°°