four

"i'm sorry i didn't say anything back to you today during school. i just didn't want to break your rule."

"it's okay dan! you did the right thing. but anyways, how was your day at school."

dan and phil sat with their legs crossed on the small bed in dans plain room facing each other, hands interlocked.

"very interesting topic lester. it was pretty well besides the fact that i ran into you. i just like to follow you around the hallways though. pretend we're walking together."

phil unlocked his hand from dans and moved it to gingerly place it on the side of his face.

"i know baby. i wish we could too. i wish i didn't have to hang out with those friends of mine. i just want to be with you. but life is how it is."

"you don't need them phil. i'm all you need. we're forever."

"i agree. but! i need to leave now we'll talk later."

and just like that phil was gone. in a blink of an eye. no door opening and closing. it was just like he was a ghost. but dan knew it was real.

he sighed and looked at his hand that had just been in phil's. he loved phil more than anyone or anything. he'd do anything for him. he fell back and let his head fall onto his pillow and looked up at his ceiling.

he knew he would get phil to love him in public. he would have him forever. phil was his forever. and no one else was phil's forever but dan.