.17.

Some women fear the fire. Some simply become it.

                                                                                     ~R. H. Sin.

Joe picked up the announcer's mic. "This is your guard speaking. I would like to apologize once again for the delay to your journey this evening." He paused. "A few hours ago we were strangers and most of you probably wish we still were. But we're going to try and get out of here now." He looked at Billy. I plopped my elbow on the window frame and exhaled loudly creating fog on the glass window. Is Myrel worried that I haven't returned yet?

"We're going to do whatever it takes to survive. Together." I knew that he was referring to Adrian. "All of us. I know you all just want to get home. So do I. Next stop Eastbourough." He finished and kept the mic down.

"After the leak is fixed and whatever fuel's left, it should help us get out of the train." Billy said walking towards the door.

"All we need is to get far away from the woods." Joe added.

"So who's joining me?" Billy asked.

"Me." I announced unfolding my arms and huffing a bit.

I'm doing this on purpose because one, I really want to help and two, I want to see this Mutant's fighting tactics. I'm tired of sitting in this train doing nothing.

"Are you sure?" Ellen asked, concerned.

"Courage is middle name." I replied with a small smile.

She smiled in response. I'm beginning to like Ellen, too bad I realized it now.

"You act as a lookout." Billy told me and I nodded. Joe handed me the torch and his hand touches my palm emitting sparks. I gulped nervously.

"So..... it's sorted then." Joe said looking at both of us.

"Yup." I say popping the 'p'. "Let's see who can make it back alive." I said in a sing-song voice.

"You're very funny." Ellen mused.

"You've no idea what I can do." I grinned.

"And what is that?" she says with a smile.

"I sing like a frog." I said pumping my fist in the air.

She laughed and the others join her. Good thing to bring a smile on these human's faces. I tried not to look at Joe because if I saw his smile, I would stare at him like a goof.

"Ah! The Asbo Kid's fixing the train now?" Adrian gave a snarky remark.

"And what you do is be a selfish dick?, isn't it?." I snapped at him. "It would've been of so much use if you would've at least given up that behaviour and done something." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"That prick isn't going to shut up, is he?" Billy said stepping besides me.

"Never." He replied with a smile.

"I got accepted into an engineering course actually. That's why I was in town." Billy said with pride.

"Impressive." He rolled his eyes.

"He can't handle that, can he?" I smirked at Billy. He stepped towards him, ready to fight but I held a firm grip on his hand.

"We can handle him later. We've a problem to fix." I told him, keeping my icy glare on Adrian.

"Watch him." He told Kate.

"Of course." She replied glancing at Adrian.

"C'mon, let's go." I urged Billy.