Chapter 7

Skyes POV

I like the idea of being able to drive in a car. Being able to g ok anywhere you want. Whenever you want. Being able to escape anything you're going through at the flip of an ignition.

Driving has been one of the only things in this world that could calm me down. To take my mind of things. At least for a little while.

I guess I'm just escaping from myself. And Megan. Even what I want to do to Evan. The hatred and anger I feel towards him right now, is overwhelming. Its controlling. I can barely even think at the moment. Let alone talk to anyone.

I miss Megan. Not being around her these past couple of days have been killing me. Not being able to tell her how sorry I am for snapping at her. For hurting her.

I'm just afraid that that's exactly what I'll do when I'm around her. I dont want to hurt her. I'm afraid I won't be able to control my anger if anything happens. I could never live with myself if I ever laid hands on her in the wrong way.

It's like there's this voice in my head. That only ever comes out when I'm angry. Or upset in any way. And I'm afraid that I'll lash out even worse if I dont get a handle on it.

No matter, I should be honest with her. She doesn't deserve to be treated this way.

Turning around, I sped my car up a little bit as I headed to my house. My mind is set to mend things between Megan and I. Because regardless the demons I have, she is my love, she deserves the world.

Turning into my neighborhood, I drove down my street, feeling optimistic.

Until I saw the police cars outside of my house.

Parking my car, I willed myself out of the driver's seat. Walking up to my house. Which was blocked off with, "do not enter, police crime scene" tape.

Turning around, my heart dropped as I saw the one thing I never wanted to see in my life.

I watched as the EMT's wheeled Megan out on a stretcher. Her head covered with a bandage, and her leg wrapped. Which didn't make a difference, it was stained with blood. And her bone lifted the bandage up. You could see the break. Even from the distance I was standing.

I saw the police questioning Mr. And Mrs. Sanders who lived across the street. Without thinking, my body strode over to where they were standing.

"What happened to her?" I heard myself asked. My body felt completely numb.

"Oh, dear." Mrs.Sanders said. "The poor girl jumped out of your house, got banged up pretty badly. Some crazy man came after her, so she ran over to our house, even with her broken leg, poor thing. And she started banging on our door. We brought her in, and slammed the door. We saw he was carrying some sort of weapon, so we slammed our door shut, and started piling things in front of it." Mr.Sanders came behind her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"And once we were sure he was gone, we tried to keep her conscious until the ambulance got here, but she was in and out." Mr.Sanders explained.

I turned and watched as the paramedics closed the doors, and drove off.

My body was calm, but my mind was racing. Was it Evan? There was a much bigger possibility of it being him than some random stranger.

Taking one last glance at the Sanders, I turned and walked back to my car. Starting the engine, I peeled out of the neighborhood. Probably not smart because of all the cops that were around. But getting pulled over right now would probably be a good thing. Because one thing I know for sure is, when I find that pink, hes dead.