23| finding out the unexpected -present

Suddenly, there were gunshots. The water was up to his chin. It felt like days had passed when really it had only been a few hours falling in and out consciousness. Calum kicked his feet hard and tried to lift his head higher. More gunshots. The sky was a dark navy blue and all that could be seen was the waters in front of him. His lips were shaking with fear and cold. He lifted his chin up as the water had reached his mouth now. Another gunshot was heard followed by screams and yells in the distance. His vision grew blurry as he heard his name being yelled in the distance. A loud splash was heard followed by a flashlight being shone in his face.

"Oh Calum, don't worry baby. I got you. You're fine now you're okay, stay with me. Hey! Over here! Help me untie the kid, damnit!"

A confused smile spread over his lips at the familiar sound of the female voice. As he felt his ankles become untied he slowly fell into unconsciousnesss.

....

The boys were silent the entire flight after discussing their blind plan that included lots of weapons backup and ammo. Obviously they couldn't just park their jet in the middle of Hawaii so the plan was to secretly jump hopefully somewhere near Calum's location. The boys were all anxious since no one had ever traveled out of country before, but Calum was top priority at the moment.

"How much longer?" Luke yelled though the pilot most likely could not hear his words. An 11 hour plane ride was only increasing the time since he had last seen Calum. His hands began shaking with impatience. "Fuck." he whispered  as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He had to stay alert, for Calum.

"Go. To. Sleep Luke." Ashton ordered from across. Luke frowned.

"How can I fucking sleep when my best friend has disappeared somewhere across the ocean without a valid passport or a jet of ours? I'm not shutting my eyes till I know he's safe and away from danger."

"Maybe regaining your sleep will keep you alert when we're actually on the ground. What are you gonna do? All there is as of right now, is to WAIT. Might as well recharge and gain as much strength as you can because I have a feeling we won't be going down without a fight." Ashton muttered as he closed his own eyes in the dim lights. Luke watched him intently for a moment then scoffed as he pushed his seat backwards and closed his own eyes.

"I'm only gonna rest my eyes..." he whispered to himself then fell into a deep slumber.

...
Meanwhile back in Australia Blythe was staring at her math homework with utter boredom. She contemplated whether or not to call Calum and apart of her did not want to ask her father if Calum showed up to work since he hadn't mentioned much. She barely saw her father anyway.

She stared at the numbers trying to memorize the formulas but her mind was unable to focus. She sighed and shoved her homework to the side and instead opened up her laptop. After typing in the password the screen immediately flashed to Blythe's background photo. It was a close up selfie of her and Andrea on a trip they had taken years ago to Caribbean. Tears welled up in her eyes as she examined her sister's vibrant smile, eyes full of happiness. There was no way she could killed herself and she knew it.

Blythe stood up from her bedroom and decided to search Andrea's room. She walked over and immediately began searching her dresser drawers, clothes, books, anything she could find. She went through her phone and her laptop, but was at last left with nothing but old photos and cheesy song lyrics. She sighed and fell onto her sister's bed in defeat left with a dead end. She wasn't ready to accept her sister's suicide but she also wasn't ready to accept her sister had thrown herself off a building after having a severe fear of heights.