I Can't Control This

Astra's POV::
"I'm perfectly fine and healthy...and so the baby," I say. His brows draw together. "I'm pregnant." His green-blue eyes widen and his jaw clenches. There's no sign of any emotion on his face though to let me know how he's feeling other than shocked. "I know I should have told you sooner, but I knew that it would stress you out and-"
   "And what!?" He nearly yells. I flinch at his tone, chewing on the inside of my cheek. "That I wouldn't be stressed if you waited to tell me, Astra? Well I van tell you right now this is already stressing me out, especially since you kept it from me for a fucking month."
    Tears well up in my eyes. I don't think in our entire relationship has he ever rosen his voice at me. "I'm sorry-"
   "Sorry isn't going to cut this one," he says harshly. Now how expression shows his anger. "I thought you were on birth control."
   "I am, I mean, I was. I was so stressed during grading the benchmarks that I had forgotten to take my pill. I didn't even think twice about it until I found out I was pregnant. I promise I thought we were safe," I tell him. He runs his hands through his hair.
    "I can't do this right now," he mumbles, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. The lump in my throat disappears and its my turn to be angry.
    "Neither can I," I snap. "You think I wanted this? That I planned for this to happen? Cause I didn't! We just got married for gods sake and having sex once, I get pregnant. I'm sorry this happened, but I can't control this." Tears escape my eyes. "I'm not ready for this either, Zenith, but I have no choice but to welcome it. I'm gonna be a great mom, and it your choice whether or not you want to be a good father."
    He sighs, making his way over to me. "I'm sorry," he says, running his hands down my arms. I lean against him, wrapping my arms around his body. "I'm just stressed and not in a good mood. Any other time this would have been the best news ever."
      "I'm so sorry about this," I force out, my tears soaking his shirt. "I should have taken that pill that day. I-"
    "It's fine, Astra," he says in a softer voice, pulling back and cupping my face in his calloused hands. "I love you, you're my wife. I'm going to be a great father, I already am a great father, only this time I get to do things right. I'm sure Mack will be happy to hear she's getting a sibling," he says.
   I smile as he wipes my tears with the pads of his thumbs. "I'm not ready for this," I say, hugging him again. Just his scent gives me a sense of comfort.
   "No parent is," he says. "But we have each other that's what's most important. We've been through worse, and we'll get through this. Sure, the timing isn't the best, but like you said, we can't control this. We are going to be great parents."

AN: Sorry this chapter is so short, but I just wanted to get it in. Go check out my new stories Once An Angel and Black Roses!! Comment, vote, and share. Believe in yourself -Vaeh