chapter 7

The reckoning

Preston karr was in a dilemma , a really big dilemma . it was about how to convince tony to let him study , he was currently sitting in his room trying to concentrate on his studies and antony is sprawled on his bed again.

"How long is it going to take you again?" I take a deep breath trying not to snap at him 'remember mob leader he'll put a bullet in you.'

The probability of getting a bullet in his head was starting to look more appealing than trying to study while listening to tony whine like a five year old.

"Did anyone ever tell you  that you whine like a five year." I crane my neck towards him .

"Only Brady does but I'm sure everyone is just afraid to say anything to me." He starts going through my phone. There's no privacy with him.

"Really Preston there's nothing dirty in here , don't you have nudes of your ex's ." I blush a little , so that was what he was searching for .

"I've never been in a relationship with anyone and nobody sends nudes anymore ." Antony snorts but I think he's satisfied knowing there's no one he'll have to kill for my affection.

"That just proves just how much of a sheltered kid you were and what about that blond bitch." Okay he's in jealous lover mode now , why is he after Stacey anyway . she's a great person and she's not interested in me like that.

"For the last time antony there's nothing going on between Stacey and me , let's go out you're not gonna let me study anyway ." he smirks and tells me dress up. It better not be someplace fancy .

It was a fancy place another bar to be precise , he was meeting someone because there was strange activities around his area.

We were on the second floor it was like a condo , I look out from the glass wall . I had little to no interest in what Mr shane and those people were talking about , so I let myself wander around the property unattended.

The place was undeniably lavish , mahogany furniture and Italian marble floor . it was a kind of place someone like me could never afford .

I let myself touch the silky curtains then I heard a commotion and I made my way towards Mr shane and I saw them fighting .

Men were fighting and I saw Mr shane struggling against a buff dirty blond guy , he had a gun in his hand and him and Mr stark were trying to fight against him.

Without any thought I ran towards that man shoved him out of the glass wall , I saw that man fell as the glass shattered . he was sprawled outside of the building with broken glass around him.

The sight was like a punch to my gut and I realized what i'd done . what if he was dead , oh god I killed someone oh god , oh god no . am I going to jail what about my career.

I was hyperventilating , fear coursing through my head . tears were straining against my eyes . suddenly I was engulfed by a warm torso , soft murmuring against my ear .

Antony's POV

I try to console the trembling brunette in my arms , my beautiful Preston, my little spit fire . so ferocious just like a lion. He thinks he killed a person but a fall from the second floor is hardly enough to kill someone but he did save my life . again .

I breath against his hair , the need to possess him to have him uncontrollable . I need to have him in my bed show him just how much I appreciate his bravery and loyalty to me .

I look at the scoundrel sprawled on the ground , the very one who nearly overpowered me . I tell my men to take him with us and tell harry to drive us back . Preston is not going home today.