5

R.O.M.E.O.

I push the door open, leaving the cafe with Watson. As we start our walk to Home Ec, I notice lots of eyes on me.

"Just don't let them get to you. Fights happen and it's not like this is your first fight. You also had a legitimate reason," Watson says, his hand clapping my shoulder.

"They don't matter," I say with a small smile, adjusting my books in my hand.

Watson nods, his eyes landing on my black notebook. "I thought you left that in class yesterday."

I look down at it, smiling bigger. "Evangeline, gave it to Zach for me."

Watson smirks, pushing the class doors open. "Well, isn't that sweet."

"Shut up," I laugh, flipping him off, before heading to my seat.

Evangeline sits their, nose deep in a large notebook filled with scribbles.

"Hey," I greet, sitting down beside her.

She looks up at me, then back down at her book. "Hey."

I quirk a brow. "Whats in the book?"

She looks back up at me, blue eyes shining. "Recipes. Lot of them."

She then looks back down.

"Thanks for the notebook, by the way," I say, holding up the black book.

She nods into her book. "Yeah, no problem. Sorry I couldn't give it to you myself. Yesterday was just a big day, you know?"

I sigh, shame claiming me. "Sorry, about that. He just said something about my b-"

She looks up from her book, a small smile gracing those wonderful pink lips. "You don't need to explain to me. I was worried yesterday but now I'm fine and you can handle yourself. Obviously."

I smile, flipping open my notebook.

"We can move on."

"Thanks," I say, stealing a peek into her book. "Peanut Butter Chocolate Colossal Cake? That sounds absolutely amazing."

I want a taste of that.

"Yeah, it is." She says, smiling. "So have you thought of any decorating ideas?"

"Well, I was thinking of putting pink on one side and black on the other, leaving the middle an infusion of flavor. Then, I was going to put our names on it but, yours is so long."

"Just shorten it to Eva," She shrugs.

"But Eva is so plain, no offense. Hmmm..." I trail off, thinking of nicknames.

Eva, Eve, Line...

Line? Seriously, Romeo?

Evie...

Evie.

Evie, is so cute.

Then it definitely fits her.

"Evie," I say, writing it down.

She grins, "Evie?"

"You love it, right?"

"It sounds like a baby name and I'm not a baby."

I know.

"I love it. It's your new name, Evie."

"OK, cupcake," She says, smirking.

My eyes widen. "Cupcake?! Why cupcake?"

"You said you love cupcakes... and I have to give you one too," She says, smiling an award winning smile.