13. A Date

[Edited]

Today I decided I need to learn to let go

Talking with Jin last night helped me sort out my thoughts. 

Not completely, but to a point where I understand that I needed to spend time away from Taehyung. He can't depend on me forever otherwise he'll never get better.

I woke up earlier than usual in Jin's guest bedroom.

 Alone.

Much to Jungkook's dismay who kept using the excuse "we've slept together before" which not only embarrassed me, but wasn't the best word choice considering it sent Jin on a blabbering rampage about safe sex.

I got up and showered, trying to let the warm water wash away all the bad memories from last night with no luck. I let my hair air dry and put on light makeup with the cosmetics I left from the last time I was here. I pulled on a pair of shorts and the same t-shirt Jin let me borrow before going to see if anyone else happened to be awake in the early hours of the morning.

As soon as I opened the door my nose was met with a smell.

By no means a pleasant smell... a burning smell.

'Jin never burns anything... Oh God!' I darted down the hall at lightening speed.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit-- What the-- Jungkook that's not how you cook eggs you idiot!"

From behind I could see that Jungkook was only in his boxers and a white t-shirt that hugged his torso and exposed the dips muscles that ran up his back, dark hair disheveled, and on any other normal morning I would have loved to see him in his sexy, morning bed-headed glory.

But I've now realized that being with Jungkook is anything except normal.

He looked like he just rolled out of bed but his eyes were fully awake as they snapped in my direction.

Fully awake and utterly terrified. 

He had already set the table and even had bowls of cereal poured and ready. But the terrible burning smell that wafted around the entire condo happened to be from the way he's preparing the eggs... without a pan. 

He just cracked the eggs on all four burners of the flat top stove.

I pushed him out the way and turned off all four burners, then began to frantically scrape the shriveled blackened eggs off the stove tops with a spatula.

"I-I don't know what happened!" He defended, a cute pout adorning his face as he watched me save Jin's stove.

"Well for starters you didn't use something we call a pan," I said while collecting the egg remains and throwing them in the trash.

"Well how was I supposed to know? Gustave always cooks my meals for me!"

"Gu-Gustave?" I turned to face him after wiping down the stove.