Johanna was just in high school, the first forms to be exact, and she was already into the boys, the bad company and all the nonsense that comes with it. She envied an almost senior, Omisha, and sought for a life like hers.

During the process, she hurt her family, her mom especially, to the extent where she was almost disowned. So, she turned a new leaf, kinda, and when her second year came, she fell in love with a so-called Christian boy, Jevon.

He, though, had different plans. He wanted to feel her, caress her without thinking twice. But that wasn't what Johanna wanted.

A month into their relationship, Jevon started to avoid Johanna like the plaque, and she later discovered that he was cheating. He then broke up with her over the phone one night, and she was shattered.

But she decided to not have another boyfriend, until. Her and her  aunt went to church on Old Years Night of the same year and the pastor preached about second chances.

She almost broke into tears in the synagogue but kept strong. Later the next morning, 2016, she decided to be baptized and to start attending church again.

The first Sunday of the year, she was sure to be in church, yes, the conversion was hard, but she kept strong. She ensured that she registered for the converts class and was enthusiastic about going.

She attended each and every class, probably except one, but she made it. On July 4th, she was finally baptized and a hot tear slid from her eyes after being raised from the water, a tear that was momentum because it burnt her cheek. That was also the first day that she attempted to swim and at a creek for that matter, how great.

She attended church regularly, even though she was absent for a few. She didn't really grasp the baptism concept fully, since she still committed some of her past sins. But, she prayed and confessed of her sins to the Father and King and changed eventually.

She still had terrible secrets, but after the Lord spoke to her, she tried even harder to change. She still listened to her worldly music and sang along.

Her friends deserted her eventually after her attitude changed,the boys fled like birds and the only ones she had was Lord Jesus and Father God, completely.

Her best friend left her, Lisa, she left her for another Girl, Aaliyah. Johanna then resorted to walking alone and singing her troubles away, she tried to keep up her relationship with Lord Jesus, but struggled terribly.

Then, she got over her predicament and turned down the boys who tried to hustle her. She still loved her ex, but he didn't love her back. She became the laughing stock of the school.

But God saw her through. He held on to her and helped her to not cave into all of her struggles and temptation and worries in her life.

My son, if sinners entice thee consent thou not.
Proverbs 1:10

Comment Vote Share
Love Yall.