Talking with a Wolf

Marco POV:

She was skipping in between trees her basket flying through the air in a controlled ark. I was just walking normally watching nearly die by snakes, prickerberry bush, and three bears. All which I had to save her from, why did I ever agree to this? Why did I ever offer it? "So, what's your favorite color?" I rolled my eyes.

"Red." I mumbled

"Favorite animal?" She started humming.

"I'm a wolf, so rabbit."

"Whoa I love rabbits!" She squealed, I covered my ears. I sighed, this will be a long night.

"Yay." I said sarcastically slumping my shoulders. I had dealt with her non stop happy energy for two hours now, I needed sleep. "Hey Star, can we take a quick rest? My legs are numb and my brain hurst." She stopped skipping and walked in front of me, I just now realized she had pink hearts on her cheeks.

"Sure Marco, how 'bout over there." She pointed behind me, I turned around to see a large tree with a root overhang. 

"Why not." I grumbled and walked sluggishly over under the tree and sat down, my back against the trunk of the tree. Star walked over to me and sat down next to me, her head rested between her knee caps has she held them close to her chest. 

"Are you ok Marco?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're just asking weird you know."

"You hardly no me. How would you know if I'm acting weird?"

"Just tell me. You can trust me Marco, I'm your friend." I sighed. Friend, hmm, maybe I could trust her.

"Tomorrow Star, I need some sleep." She nodded her head, then rested it on my shoulder as she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. I shook my head, shouldn't get too close, my brother would just eat her once we get far enough. Or maybe I could take her away from the danger so she could actually go to her destination, I didn't know how to feel. Might as well... go to... sleep.

Star POV:

I yawned as my eyes slowly opened. I looked up, Marco's head was resting on mine peacefully. I smiled to myself, then slightly shook my head. I slowly slid out of the embrace, holding up his head then resting it on the trunk of the tree. I stood up and grabbed my basket, then shook Marco's shoulder's. He mumbled something to himself then his brown eyes opened slightly. Then went wide an she stood up fast knocking his head with mine. "Sorry." he rubbed his head and help me up from the ground.

"No prob. Let's go!" His eyes went to the ground, and his shoulders slumped.

"Sure. Just let me show you the way. I know this forest way better than you, uh. No offense."

"Non taken wolfy." He rolled his eyes, smiled, and grabbed my hand and led me through the forest.