Chapter 2

Hey guys! I'm sorry about the mega cliffhanger, but it was necessary. Here's the next chapter-I hope you like it.

"You...can't fix him?" Sophie whispered. Elwin fixed everything. Why couldn't he fix this? What am I going to do without you, Keefe? 

"I can't fix him." Elwin said. "You might be able to."

Sophie let out a breath of relief. "How do I do it?"

"I was thinking you could try it by how you healed Alden."Elwin told her. "I...don't know if this will actually work, though."

"I will keep trying if it doesn't. We have to get Keefe back." Sophie reached for Keefe's temples and entered his mind. 

Keefe's mind was a maze of fading memories. Sophie choked back a lumb in her throat as she ventured further, watching Keefe's mind go numb. 

She was about to loose hope when she heard a faint whisper. 

"Sophie."

That one word made Sophie's face break into a smile. She hadn't given up yet. 

Keefe? There was no response, so she transmitted again. Keefe, can you hear me? You need to come back! 

Sophie heard Keefe say her name again, this time a little bit louder.  And that was the first time she saw a spark. She found the nook and fed it warmth and happiness, memories so happy she laughed. She fed it and brought it closer like she had with Alden. Suddenly, Keefe sat up and gasped. 

Sophie nearly strangled Keefe with a big hug as he gave her a tight hug.

"Foster?"

Keefe!" Sophie exclaimed. "I thought I lost you! Thank God you're here!"

"Glad to see someone missed me." Keefe said, his usual smirk making Sophie blush.

"Whoa, Foster. Those are some intense emotions you're hitting me with." Keefe fanned the air between them. 

"Keefe." Elwin said, making them both jump. "I think you've tied Sophie's record for times you've been at the Healing Center."

"Don't do it again, you idiot!" Sophie smacked Keefe's arm. "I thought you were gone!" 

"Can I bring him to Havenfield?" Elwin said. "I know he doesn't want to go to Candleshade."

"Sure."

--------------------

A/N: Wow, this was emotional for me. Sorry for the short chapter. Next one will be bigger.