Chapter 7 - Text Messages

Yoongi couldn't sleep at all when he came home that Friday evening. The fact that he shared his number to somebody, to Kim Namjoon, was still too jarring for his mind to cope. He never shared any contact info with anybody from his school. If he had to be honest, the mint haired shorty found making friends a huge drag, even when you found almost the entire school annoying.

Hosoek has been Yoongi's best friend since the beginning so he was obviously the first person to exchange contact information with in elementary years. In middle school, he didn't talk to anybody or even tried to fit in with anyone. In their second year, Hosoek introduced someone to his life; a younger boy named Jimin. It took a while for young Yoongi to warm up to the boy, but he thought the kid was a pretty nice guy. They finally exchanged info after a month. From there, they've been a trio ever since. It was a comfortable triangle for Yoongi, all he needed were those two.

Now, with Namjoon in the mix, Yoongi found himself in a real scary roller coaster.

It's been a few years since he ever exchanged numbers with someone from school so of course he didn't know how to approach himself to someone or even start conversations. When it came to socializing, he envied his Jimin and Hosoek for making it seem so easy because the mint haired boy saw a nervous shell.

Today was a wonderful Saturday afternoon. Yoongi was on his bed doing nothing, just looking at the drawer beside him where his phone was placed. 

Just staring at it, waiting for something to happen.

Then it vibrated, propelling Yoongi to snatch the device from the surface of the drawer. He presses the home button to see the notification on his lock screen.

"A message from hobi_dream in The Big Three: Hey!!"

Yoongi exhales in relief, It was just a message from the groupchat. He taps on the notification, inserts his password and opens to the groupchat in KakaoTalk.

Group Chat: The Big Three

hobi_dream: Hey!!

yo

chimmy.chim: heyo~

 hobi_dream: whatchu guys up to?

I'm bored -3-

chimmy.chim: nm, just finishing my math homework

hbu?

hobi_dream: just chillin and talking with you guys

same

hobi_dream: Oh Yoongi

I heard that you gave the new kid your number

did you talk with him yet?

chimmy.chim: !!

Yoongi could've sworn he felt his heart stop. How did Hoseok know that he recently got his number??

Group Chat: The Big Three

!!!

hOw THe HeLL???

chimmy.chim: woah hyung

I didn't think you'd push yourself to get to know the new student

good for you :o