~'15

Chanhee wants to cry so bad. Currently, his phone is still in Juyeon's hand and Juyeon will not give it back. Even though he successfully have it, things are too late to be turned around.

The message is already delivered to Hayeon and Chanhee is biting his nail nervously.

"Chanhee hyung, what are you so nervous about? Hayeon loves you!" Haknyeon taps the older's shoulder and gently massages it.

"Hayeon still like Hyunjae." Chanhee pouts. He knows Hyunjae a bit since they are from rivaling school and Hyunjae will go to their school every evening for hockey practice. And Chanhee is always there in the evening to cheer for his bestfriends  - Younghoon and Changmin.

"You are just weird. Hayeon is clearly showing signs that she likes you instead of Hyunjae, what makes you think like that?" Juyeon shakes his head.

"I don't know? Just my intuition!"

"WHAT THE HECK?" Kevin slams his face on the cushion.

"Yah Choi Chanhee. You better tell me you like her or not. Square up. Do you, Choi Chanhee, like Hayeon or not?" Kevin and all of other members confront Chanhee.

Chanhee is a bit hesitant to answer. He is sure about his feelings but too skeptical with the situation.

"Yes, I do." He sighs while answering. The sensation is doubled and his cheeks are heating twice than usual.

"How much?"

"What the f-- flower, yes flower?! How could you ask me that? I love her a lot okay? To the point where I feel like kicking that Hyunjae into his grave and bury him or smash him with the hockey stick so he could come into his sense like how dare he asks her back when he is away for another girl? What kind of boyfriend is that???" Chanhee slams the fork he is using onto the table.

"Okay boy, that is violent." Sangyeon pats Chanhee's shoulder while the latter glares at everyone, except the oldest.

"Give me my phone. I have to at least, straight something out."

Kevin eyes Juyeon which telling him sign to give the phone he is holding to back to his owner.

Chanhee scrolls the messages that Juyeon has sent to Hayeon and then clicking the new tab for new message.

After contemplating for a while, Chanhee finally hit the send button.

Hayeonnie
》i am sorry for the sudden confession
》i really like you a lot, i don't know why
》if you read this, please text me back
》it is fine if you are not feeling the same, i'll wait forever
》 i just want you to text me back

Chanhee slumps onto the cushion.

"Do you want to go out for a walk?" Juyeon suddenly chimes in to reduce the tension.

"Yeah, sounds good. I need fresh air." Chanhee gets up and follows Juyeon and Kevin.

The three of them walks around the apartment and the route they take is unknowingly the same route where Chanhee and Hayeon meets. The junction.

"Do you want some coffee? Hold up imma get it fast." Kevin runs to the nearest coffee shop and leave Chanhee and Juyeon together.

The waiting for Kevin actually takes alot longer that expected and Juyeon's stomach growls in hunger.

"Well, I am going to buy some breads so please, just stay here!" Juyeon clumsily runs across the road to get to the bakery.

Chanhee rolls his eyes and slowly paces forward but still making sure his steps are traceable so Juyeon and Eric will get back to him later.

Through the dim streetlights and faint moonlight halo, Chanhee sees two figures are walking up the same street as him, facing opposite as him.

The figures seem to be arguing about something and it gets physical. Chanhee widens his eyes as he takes a large step to rush there but eventually retreats when they get closer.

"Ah Chanhee hyung."

And it is too late to hide. Chanhee feels his blood is slowly draining when Sunwoo calls his name. Beside him is of course, Hayeon.

"Oh Sunwoo ssi." No other words that Chanhee can utter.

"Chanhee! I told you-- oh Sunwoo! Haknyeon is asking for you! Let's go!" Juyeon pants hard then sees Sunwoo, he grabs Sunwoo's arm and waves them goodbye.

Silence is conquering both of them. Chanhee is unable to ask and Hayeon is unable to answer.

"Did you read my texts?" Chanhee swears his heart will explode soon. But he must be bold so he will get what he loves.

Hayeon nods. "Sorry for being unresponsive. It is just--"

Both of them look up to the third wheeler who just arrives - none other than Hyunjae.

"What are you doing here?" Hayeon scrunches her nose, Hyunjae's existence right now is very unwelcomed. She needs to confess and Hyunjae has the potential to ruin everything.

"I am sorry. If you want, let start again.." Hyunjae reaches out to Hayeon's hand but Hayeon suddenly pushes it away and instead she embraces Chanhee's arm.

Chanhee, completely aware of the sign that Hayeon gives, immediately steps into the game.

"Do you think sorry is enough to amend your mistakes, hyung?" Chanhee glares.

"What? Chanhee? You are with her? How?" Hyunjae gasps.

"What do you think?" Chanhee arched his brows while pulling Hayeon closer and wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"Wow. I am late." Hyunjae's face clearly shows how disappointed he is and without even saying goodbye, he leaves.

Chanhee quickly releases his embrace and cups his face. "I messed it up, right? Ahh I should've been manlier!!" Chanhee stomps his feet. Only if he can be as intimidated as Juyeon...or Sunwoo.

Hayeon chuckles. "You did great there. Are you even acting? You look so mad, as if you gonna throw hands at him." Hayeon commented. She sees Chanhee's fiery gaze. Chanhee is effortlessly cute but just now, she feels Chanhee is furiously remarking words that he speak and really mean it.

"What act? I am not.." Chanhee mutters under his breath slowly. "Ah, Hyunjae hyung wants you back but why do you reject him?"L

"Pabo. I thought we are dating?" Hayeon swears she just want the ground to swallow her whole because she is literally dying - Choi Chanhee has no clue about it.

"Ahh, I see-- WHAT? Do you mean??"

"Chanhee you are so slow! I accepted your confession! I am your girlfriend now! Oh God this is so embarrassing and narcissist of me to admit this!!" Hayeon gets it why Haknyeon wants to knock Chanhee's head all the time.

Hayeon strides up, leaving Chanhee in amusement until the boy finally realizes he is talking alone and has to pace forward Hayeon.

"Hey, wait for me!" Chanhee grabs Hayeon's hand and both of them walk together.

-end-

Finally! Ended!
Thank you so much to everyone that put this in your reading list, library and those who always votes and comments,
I really cannot thank you enough 🙏
I read every single comments that you left, all of them are so funny and relatable and it makes my day so much!

Now, I am off to SunHak short drabbles and finally, a story of his own
LEE HYUNJAE!