Chapter 2

"You okay?" Boss guy repeated once again as I looked into his deep dark brown orbs. His eyes softened as he looked at my frightened state. To him, I looked like a fragile creature that needed to be protected. To be cared for. To be looked after.

Too bad that I have already seen the cruelty that this world possessed.

But he doesn't know that. Because I am nothing to him. I am nothing to anyone. I am just a mistake that was the cause of a beautiful woman's death.

Well, that was what the monster told me anyways.

I merely nodded my head as I slightly shivered. 'It's cold,' I thought.

"Here," the boss guy said with a hand outstretched. "Come on," his tone light as I saw a small smile lightly play on his lips.

I gently grabbed onto his palm. My hand was tiny compared to his but, it was weird. For the first time in forever, I actually felt safe. Warm. Protected.

I looked up at him with eyes wide.

'He's warm,' I thought as I slightly tilted my head as I looked up at him with curiosity.

Even though he was kneeling, he was still taller than me. Well, my body was small compared to other kids anyways but compared to him, I WAS TINY!

Suddenly, I felt his gentle grip become slightly tighter. I looked up at him confused. His eyes... THEY TURNED BLUE.

WOW...so pretty...

"Sweetheart," his voice slightly croaked as I looked up at him in slight confusion.

'Sweet-what?'

"Who did that to you?" He asked as I heard a low growl rumble from his chest.

I looked down at my arms and legs and realised he was talking about my bruises. My eyes went wide as I pulled away from him.

'Is he going to hurt me too? He's going to hurt me right? I can't trust him...I can't trust anyone.'

"Honey, I won't hurt you," he spoke out softly. He lifted both of his arms out and said; "Look, I won't cause any harm to you. I promise." He raised his arms in a surrendering position.

I looked down onto the cold concrete floor.

'Can I trust him? Can I really trust him?'

My brain went haywire. I didn't know what to do and I couldn't really say anything.

I looked back up to him. His eyes tenderly glowed as he looked at me with such warmth. I felt safe. I felt comfort. I felt home. And with that, I made up my mind.

I trust you.

As if he had heard me, he smiled. He then opened up his arms wide and I took it as an invitation for a hug.I quickly leapt into his embrace and buried myself at the side of his shoulders with my face towards his neck. He wrapped an arm around my legs and another arm around my waist as he slowly got up from the ground.

"I'll protect you," he promised as he hugged me close. He then turned around and began walking back into the forgotten room.

I don't wanna go in there.

"Don't worry, I'm here," he whispered as he gently pat my head. I looked back up at him in shock.

Can you hear me?

"I'm not a human honey," I stared at him in bewilderment. I guess that explains a few things.

Then, what are you?

"That's a story for another time," he answered as he pat my head once again. " And before I forget, what is your name princess?" he looked at me with an angelic smile.

Lee Soomi.

"Well than, Lee Soomi, I am Kim Taehyung. It is a pleasure to meet you." He faintly chuckled as he ruffled my hair a bit.

And for the first time in forever, I genuinely smiled.

Author Note:

Another chapter! Yay!

Hoped you enjoyed it!

Feel free to vote and comment

Byeeeee

Author-nim out~