Chapter 1: The Land of the Rich

A strong gust of wind blew across my face after I had used all my strength to unlock the back door located at the shed built by the side of the garden in the new home that my parents had bought yesterday. That mysterious chilly wind had both shook my soul and blinded my eyes. It was the midst of summer where you would get as roasted as the nuts would be if you were to be left in the sun in an hour. The seemingly never ending blazing heat and scorching sun had caused temperature to rose as high as 42 degree celsius leaving the once lush grass from green to be reduced to a pile of brown weed patches.

It was impossible....for there to be a cooling breeze in this heat stroke inducive weather.

I lifted my head after stepping out of the white wooden door. It wasn't a place that I had seen before. The people were dressed in vibrant cloths, thick clothes covering both their necks and every inch of their skin other than their faces. "Where the heck is this?"

"Excuse me! Could you move a little? Hey there, please let me through! Gotta pass! Thank you!" those were the first words I have heard from this place. It was voiced by a scrawny guy carrying bags of bath robes that seemed as if it weighed many times of him. I gave myself a paranomic 360 view before taking in a deep breath and taking a step back to let him squeeze pass the small alley road that i was blocking.

The ground was made of sparkly sand that looks as if it was mixed with gold dust, and the walls were mostly made of gold or silver. One look and you could tell it is the Land of the Rich. It looked so magnificent and glorious as if it came out from a book. Perhaps, I was only dreaming. Deciding to give my doubt a chance of verification, I tried to bit onto the wall like the way they try to test for real gold in tv dramas and...it hurts. They were as sturdy and hard as they looked. Gold.

Where is this place? Where am I? What should I do?....the door behind me has disappeared.