Chapter 4

A//N: Sorry for not uploading, it's the summer and I have been looking for inspiration for a couple of days. However, I read your comments and was honestly elated and of course, I just had to update. I do feel terrible for leaving you all in the dark but I will try to make more frequent uploads. And as a thank you for enjoying my work I'm going to tag all of you right here:

TheKawaiiShyShipper

thegirlthatrules101

21tinystar4481

slayer554

Geeky_Author17

________________________________________________________________________________

"He just sits there Imelda. We have to do something!"

"He needs time Hector," Imelda commented sounding rather bored of her husbands' worried demeanor. 

"I don't like the idea of letting our grandson wallow in misery. Alone." Hector retorted, his arm swinging to put emphasis on his point.  His wife pushed out a breathy sigh and folded her arms. 

"I'm just meaning give him time to adjust. He may have been here before but now this is on different terms. Once he is comfortable with his environment he'll be comfortable with talking. In the meantime give him space." Her tone did make the man sweat ever-so-slightly though he knew what it was like to be in this situation. Dead and confused don't forget completely alone comfort was what he unconsciously needed and he didn't doubt Miguel needed the same. 

"Fine. But the moment I start doubting this 'giving space thing' we are doing it my way." Hector sternally stated leaving no room for argument. The women felt a little timid as she rarely saw her husband act like this. She understood though, he was like a worried mother - he just wanted everything to be okay.

The two sat in comfortable silence - enjoying the quiet. Ever since the two were back in each others company things such as silence didn't rip their sanity but consoled them in many ways. Imelda smiled as she continued reading a book that drew little to no curiosity in the other man who just looked at it with a bored exterior. What did interest him though was his wives pleasant smile and eyes filled with happiness. Oh, how he adored that look. 

Hector remembered the first time she looked at him with such happiness and well love. It struck his heart and made it ache but he longed for his beautiful wife to continue smiling like that forever. Of course, though his plans to make his wife the happiest women, was cut short. Her smile did engrave his memory through which he thanked the world for. 

"Hector darling, you're staring again," Imelda called out not moving her eyes from the enticing novel she was currently engulfed in. Hector chuckled at his wife and how she always knew what he was doing around her.

"Sorry dear, it's just so hard to keep my eyes of a ravishing woman like yourself." Hector wiggled his eyebrows. A grin spread across his face knowing his wife was flustered by the compliment. And for the third time this morning he dodged an incoming shoe that traveled faster than a bullet. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Miguel felt tired. Not the usual droopy eye sort of tired. No, this was different - more intense. Maybe fatigued? I didn't know whether there was a word that could describe his unnatural heavy head and like his body was full of air. Whatever it was it made him dizzy and like he could pass out but couldn't sleep. His body resisted the move. Forcing him to stare blankly at the white ceiling. 

What if...what if he kept his mouth shut? Would the girl be here where he was right now? A chill shook his small frame. Her mesmerizing green eyes still bore into his mind, the fear they held. Not only for her own life but for Miguel. Even thinking of what happens after leaving that store burns Miguel's dull brown eyes and rips his heart in two. Instinctively Miguel hugged himself - balling up to protect him from the dangers of the world. After all, he was just a child yet so much had happened in a year that he felt nauseated by it.

Everywhere he goes trouble seemed to have a nack to follow. Maybe Miguel was at fault - for not being a better kid. For not trying hard and listening to his family. For just...being alive. A sour taste barged into his mouth at the word alive. Right now Miguel was dead. Even if he lives in the land of the dead his soul was tossed away and ripped apart.

Music. That's what started all of this. Going to the land of the dead, the crowd it drew to the youngster and the fake friends he had gained. It was all music's fault - no. Actually, that was just wrong. All that was Miguel's choice. He didn't have to disobey his family and steal a guitar. Nor did he have to be impatient and start his music career so young. The only good that came from it all was his Papa Hector. He must be so disappointed in him along with Mama Imelda.

Miguel swallowed and pushed himself to sit up. Like always the house was hushed as if there was a sleeping baby somewhere and no one dared to wake the sleeping form. Wait maybe that was Miguel? Maybe they didn't want to disturb him. A sigh escaped the boys' lips, his rib reacting with a small ache. Curious he lifted his shirt the see a large crack in his left rib cage. Wincing at the image he quickly threw his shirt back down. This was all just a mess. Miguel felt like he was burdening his own family and the thought itself made him tear up with a overwhelming guilt. He couldn't shake the feeling of being a liability and a nuisance of the family. People may think he is over exaggerating but now his family has to look after a messed up kid right after everything finally got perfect.

So, yes he felt awful for embarking on his family's happiest moments. They deserved happiness and Miguel felt positive he couldn't be in the picture for that to work. 

It was rash and bold - probably a horrendous idea but the boy would not stay here. He can't ruin anyone else lives. Popping the window proved to be a great pain but once he managed it he felt a bubble of triumph - may be the only good feeling he has felt in a while. Carefully he crawled onto the patio roof and slid down the pole - it was early so Papa Hector wouldn't be going out to play yet and Mama Imelda will be reading. The boy has been here for three days so while he was sitting around he'd go and watch them live their lives. 

The gravel crunched under his shoes Imelda gave him. The sky was a light blue with a sunkissed glow at the edges, it was beautiful no denying it. Quickly the boy ran down the path and pushed the surprisingly heavy gate and snuck away.

Miguel of course never realized the risks of being outside alone.

Hi so um was it too short? Too emo? What're your thoughts! XD