4 - cry

CHARLOTTE

"How come you took an interest in football all of a sudden?" Tiara asks as we drive to the school grounds where we would watch the school team. She sat in the driver's seat of her Fiat 500.

"Because—"

"You know who's playing tonight?" She ignores me completely and I sigh quietly to myself. "Brad. He's so hot, I'll try and tap that. Are you interested in anyone? You popped your cherry now, you could have anyone."

I shrug.

"Apparently Brad is so good in bed," she continues to go on about Brad and I roll my eyes. "He slept with this girl called Cheryl. Or was it Cammie? I can't remember, he's slept with loads of people. That's the only thing putting me off him, and it isn't that serious. Anyone that fucks him is just a number to him."

You're just another number to him.

We arrive soon after and I look over myself, readjusting my crop top that Tiara had told me to wear with my black jeans. It was cold and I run my hand over my arms.

After we sit down on the bleachers outside, I look out for Brad who was warming up, kicking the ball to and from his blonde friend, Tristan.

"I fucked this guy called James on Wednesday," Tiara grins. "He was so good in bed, damn. He's friends with Brad, too."

"You seem oddly obsessed with Brad," I laugh nervously. I hadn't told her that I'm not going to get a ride home from her yet, I was still planning on telling her.

My phone pings and I get it out of my pocket, looking down. Brad had messaged me, saying he's glad I came. I look up towards the field and he shoots me a grin.

"He's smiling at me!" Tiara gushes and I send him a small smile back while she grabs on to me.

The game soon started and it ended as a draw, one goal each. The bleachers empty soon after and I feel myself slowly walking behind Tiara, nervous to see Brad again.

"Wait up!" I hear Brad's voice and Tiara turns around so fast even I got whiplash. I turn to Brad with a small smile. "Hey, Charlotte. Can I talk to you?"

"I'm taking her home," Tiara says, blowing a bubble with her gum. She had a whole packet to herself but didn't give me one when I asked.

"I'll take her home, I need to talk to her," Brad insists and she nods, frowning at me. She struts away, trying to show off in front of Brad and I sigh before turning to him. "How are you?"

He kissed my nose before he takes my hand.

"I'm okay," I smile, his touch sending sparks throughout me. "She's obsessed with you, you know?"

"I figured, the way she started screaming when I smiled at you," he chuckles. "I've already changed and showered. May I take you home?"

I didn't notice his wet hair that sagged over his eyes and his sports bag that was on his shoulder until now. I nod and we go to his car, a black Range Rover. I had noticed he was very well off in the money department.

His hand is on my thigh while he rubs circles on my leg with his thumb and I move in the seat, feeling nervous as my heart pounds.

"You looked cold back there." He says as he arrives in his recognisable estate. "You should've told me, I would've given you my jacket."

"You were playing football, I didn't get chance to tell you," I roll my eyes at him and he chuckles. The rest of the ride is endured in small talk, and when we arrive at his house, my heart begins beating faster.