1: *POP*

It's the day of the gender reveal party, and I'm waiting upstairs, by myself, avoiding the crowd of people expecting a good time from me. I should have been down there 10 minutes ago.

"Hey, baby girl." Tasha walks in.

I glance at her, then redirect my attention back out of the window, looking over a lively garden.

"Sounds like you gotta party down there." I joke.

"Yeah. They all keep asking for you. Even though it's my party." Tash rolls her eyes jokingly.

"Rude." I shake my head.

"We gotta have you say hi to all the guests, before we can do the reveal, mama." She walks over to me.

"I should have a stunt double for these things." I sigh.

"Yeah, well, you're the one who wanted to be with a famous rapper." Tasha held her hand out.

"Fine." I grabbed her hand and stood up. "But I'm not putting shoes on."

"Deal." She smiled.

We walk downstairs, and I feel anxiety rush over me, by the sight of how many people were actually here. I look around and see decorations that everyone helped with. Izzie and Tasha put this whole thing together.

I feel a hand caress my lover back as I come to the bottom of the stairs. Looking over, I realize it's Colson. A wave of relief washes over me.

"Who's ready to know the gender?!" Basil hollers, half drunk already.

Most everyone either cheers or claps. Tasha seems annoyed at Baze ruining her plans. A soft smile forms on my lips.

Guided to the garden, I find more people. Tasha stands Colson and I next to some balloons. They weren't like the others.

All the other balloons where blue or pink. These ones were black. I smile and look at Colson, who had the biggest grin glued to his face. He looked genuinely happy.

It finally hits that I'm about to find out the gender of my baby. The baby I've been trying to have for so long. The baby I'm going to have with the love of my life.

I feel myself overwhelmed with all this warm, soft feelings and feel a tear stream down my cheek. I look over at Colson again.

"Baby." He wipes my tear, and pulls me into a hug. "I love you so much."

"I love you too. I'm so happy." I mumble into his shirt.

He pulls out of the hug and kisses me softly. I kiss him back and smile.

"Okay, you hold this." Iz hands me the pin. "And you get this." She hands Kells the balloon.

"Stop holding it so high." I blurt.

"Here. Lets just switch." He says.

I grab the balloon from him and he takes the pin from me.

"Don't stab me with that. I'll be pissed." I inform him, causing him to chuckle.

"I'm not gonna stab you, baby." He smiles.

"Okay." We hear Dub call out.

"3...2...1..." *POP*

I open my eyes and see the confetti fall. Smile plastered on my face, I look over at Colson. He cheers to the crowd, then turns and grabs my face, kissing me hard.

"IT'S A GIRL!!!" Kells cheers.

Short, but this is just chapter 1. Be patient. I have been going through a lot mentally and didn't wanna produce shitty work so I've just been postponing this whole thing, but I just had to do this for y'all. Y'all have been so supportive and loyal. Thank you so much for being patient.

Please feel free to:
Correct any/all grammatical errors
Comment any ideas you may have
Message me (about anything)