Saved Me

(Peter's POV)

I woke up in Veronica's lab. I had no idea how long I was out for. That's when I remembered Veronica. I rushed over to her and checked her pulse. He heart was still beating, but only slightly. Come on Veronica wake up!

"Sir, quickly put her in the machine, so we can see how to help her!" A voice spoke. It startled me but I realized it was Veronica's A.I. and so I listened and I laid her down on the machine and A.I. turned it on. 

"Sir, I have good news. She just passed out from all the power she was releasing from her body. She just needs to rest. She should wake up soon." A.I. said.

I just nodded. I opened the machine and picked Veronica up bridal style, and I carried her into the living room. All of the Avengers were gone, I don't remember why. Just something about a lead on the Paris situation. And Veronica and I were left here with the Avengers Compound on full lock down. So luckily, or at least I think luckily, no one was here to witness what just happened. I didn't even know what just happened. How come Veronica never told me about her powers? Or whatever the hell they were?

I could feel her stirring because of my spidey senses. I ran over to her and she opened her eyes slowly.

"Hey," I whispered. Not wanting to scare her.

"Hi," she smiled back at me. Oh it was so good to see her beautiful smile again. "What happened?" She asked.

"I was hoping you could tell me that." I replied with a slight chuckle. "But what happened is you saved my life. So thanks!"

"Your welcome." she replied softly, her voice still a little horse, but she still had that gorgeous smile on her face.

"I was wondering though," I started to say a little timidly. "How exactly did you save my life?"

"I've sort of been keeping something from you." She started. "I have super powers, I guess. And I've hidden it from everyone all my life. The only people who know are the Avengers, and now you. My dad had me keep my powers a secret for my protection. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I just-"

"Shhhh, it's ok. I understand." I cut her off, "But what exactly are your powers?"

"I honestly don't really know what my powers are or how they work. I just know I can create things out of mid air, and I can heal things." She said. It was clear that she really didn't know what she could do, and it seemed to scare her a little bit.

"Wow, that's really cool." Was all I managed to say, what a stupid thing to say. "When did you get these powers?"

Her eyes started to tear up. Clearly however she got her powers, thinking about it upset her. 

I softly cupped her cheek with my hand. "You don't have to tell me, it's ok." I whispered.

She just nodded. 

"How about we watch a movie?" I suggested. She just nodded again, and I grabbed the remote. And we decided on Star Wars.

As we started the movie I looked over at Veronica. She still looked like she was on the verge of tears. I slowly wrapped my arms around her, trying to make her feel safe. I could tell that she was terrified, what of I'm not sure.

(Veronica's POV)

I was shaking. I couldn't stop. What I had just done, what I had just managed to do, it terrified me. I couldn't believe that I had managed to save Peter like that and was still live. Maybe I was more powerful then I thought. Not to mention the fact that this brought back painful memories of how I got these powers. It was all so overwhelming, and I just wanted to cry. But I didn't because I didn't want Peter to see me cry. 

Suddenly Peter's big arms were wrapped around me. It felt so safe being in his arms. And I immediately let myself melt into him. He didn't say anything. He just held me. And I reluctantly let one tear slip.

After the movie ended we walked upstairs to go to our rooms. Peter helped me, because I couldn't really walk on my own. Not after earlier.

When we reached my room, he opened the door and helped me inside. He helped me into my bed, and turned off the light. He began to walk away, but my words stopped him. 

"I've never done anything like what I did today," I said as I sat up in my bed. 

He turned around to look at me.

"I've only ever healed cuts and scrapes, or occasionally a broken bone. But never anything like that." I explained.

"Then why would you risk saving me?" His voice replied shakily. 

"Because I didn't want to lose you." I replied softly.

"But what if I had lost you?!" He asked, raising his voice now as he began walking toward me. "What if from you saving me, you killed yourself?" Tears started to well up in his eyes. He grabbed my face. "You almost died Veronica. You almost died because of me." He whispered.

I threw my arms around him. And he hugged me back. I knew that I could trust him. 

"Peter." I whispered into his ear. "I need to tell you how I got my powers."

He retracted from the hug and looked at me with soft eyes, and he said, "Veronica, you don't need to tell me. It's ok."

"No, I do. It would be nice to finally tell someone what happened." I said.

He nodded, and so I started. "When I was 10 I was kid napped." I paused, tears welling up in my eyes. Peter grabbed my hands and gave them a little squeeze, this helped me rebuild my courage. Rebuild my courage to tell Peter what I had never told anyone before. Not even my father.