TWO!

Chapter two: In your head

'I don't want your mind, just the thoughts inside.'

Joyce ran into Lana's room, "Please talk to Steve, he misses you."
"Good for him."
"Alaina."
"Mom I'll talk to him when I'm ready."
"Well get ready, he's here."

Lana walked up to the front of the house, and to her disbelief, Steve was there, sitting on her couch with flowers in his hand.
"You've got to be kidding me, Harrington," Lana scoffed.
"I'm sorry Lana. It's just, I missed you. So much."
"You have a girlfriend now. Things just aren't the same, now I'm your second choice."
"I'm sorry. And I know nothing I say will change what I've done but you wouldn't even let me take you home that day! You got sick! I was worried."
"Yeah? And I was hurt. You know how I feel about her."
"I can't help who I'm attracted to. But I love her, and I love you. It's ripping me in two, I just want you, I just want my bestfriend back," Steve began to beg.

"Please Lana, it's been months." Steve's lip began to quiver, "I can't lose you after everything we've been through."
"I'm sorry, Steve. I really am. Look, thanks for the flowers and all, but you should really give those to your girlfriend before she decides to hate me more than she already does."
"I'll break up with Nancy, she's not worth losing you."
"I can't have you break your own heart like that, Steve. Here, I'll take the flowers, put 'em in a vase and whatnot, and we can hang out later." Lana said, finally cracking.
"Lana, I need you now." Steve began, placing the flowers on the couch and standing up.
"Lana I miss you. I don't want to be away from you any longer." Steve said, voice wavering, tears from his eyes.

"Please, I'm sorry." Steve finished, hugging Lana tight.
"Steve, you're fine. It's fine, don't cry. Please don't cry, I'll cry." Lana said, hushing a vulnerable Steve.
"I'm sorry."
"Shhh it's fine bub. Let's get you some water, yeah?" Lana asks and Steve nods, grabbing her waist as she walks into the kitchen.
"Here." Lana says, handing Steve a bottle of water.
"I love you Steve."
"I love you too, Lana."

          xxx

"Do you want me to stay the night with you? We're not doing much on a Saturday night."
Lana proposed, biting her cheek to calm her nerves.
Steve nodded, "That'd be nice, just like old times."
"Except we both won't fit on your twin bed anymore." Lana laughed.

Steve sighed, laying down on Lana's floor. "I like your freckles." Steve said, smiling at the slightly darker girl across from him.
"I like your hair, and your big fat stupid puppy eyes." Lana stuck her tongue out at Steve.
"I've missed this." Steve smiled, watching Lana pack a bag for his house, he didn't know why, she had clothes there.
"Is that my hoodie?" Steve asked, standing up. Lana rushed, stuffing it in her bag.
"I have no clue what you're talking about." Lana said, her face turning red.
"You're red, you always turn red when you're lying! You liar!"
"I am many things, a liar is not one of them!" Lana giggled.
"Oh, I'm gonna get you." Steve began, walking over to Lana.
"Steve, what?" Lana asked, confused.
All Steve did was grin and he stood in front of Lana, his fingers beginning their attack on her sides.
"Steven! Steven no!" Lana yelled, laughing as Steve tickled her, trying to get away from his grasp.

After a few moments, Steve stopped. The two of them breathless from laughing. The pair heard a knock at the bedroom door.
"Come in." Lana said, her mom appearing.
"Steve, your mom wants to know when you and Lana will be over."
"Just as soon as this slow poke finishes packing. Steve laughed, running a hand through his brown hair. Lana watching contentedly.
"I am done!" Lana argued, hitting Steve playfully.
"Tell her we'll be over now," Steve smiled;taking Lana's hand and dragging her to the car.