Summer Starts Now

CHAPTER ONE

“Do you think we’ll get invited to Summer Bash Liz?” I asked my best friend. It was the second to last day of school and we had today and tomorrow to hope to get invited to Jace’s summer party. Jace is Mr. popular and although he’s senior, anyone of any grade would kill to go to his party. The biggest of the parties that he hosts is the the summer bash, which started two years ago. For the last year we weren’t so lucky as to get invited but, I was feeling lucky today. “Do you have a fever Kails? There’s no way Mr. popular is going to invite us to that.” Elizabeth was right but I’ve always been dying to go. People who went to it already said it was pretty epic and I wanted to have a taste of epic to. “We could try though…we have two more days to impress and pray.” Lily, my other best friend was probably on to something. “Explain impress.” Liz and I waited for her brain to form ideas. She’s the best at coming up with ideas, plans and she’s the best at fashion advice.

“Well tomorrow we dress to impress and from this hour till, whenever he passes or if we see him act really cool. Other than that, I got nothing.” “Umm other than being mr. popular, he’s Mr. Player ….” “And the guy invites girls with the biggest boobs and ass. I’m not going to wear the world’s shortest skirt to get to go to a party.” Elizabeth or Liz (as Lily and I call her) finished for me. I nodded at Lily. Like hell I was get to walk out of the house wearing that, plus, I hate….HATE revealing clothes. Reason for my hate towards bikinis. “Okay, we can try it.” Well how else was we get invited to that right? “Speaking of Mr. popular, get ready he’s heading our way,” Liz said giving us a head start. How to act cool? What is cool to him? Well other than wild parties and whatever… wait. WILD PARTIES. Lily on the other hand was practically reading my mind. “The party we went to last week. KILLER!! I made out with 3 guys at the same time.” What did she just say? Gosh! We had to really lie to pull this off. “I don’t know about you but I woke up in his bed!” exclaimed Liz.

My turn and my part of this came out like, “Good for you guys I woke up on his lawn! Unfortunately I had to walk home with a major headache.” Jace turned his head in our direction as if studying us before getting back in conversation with player boys no.2 and no.3: Dilan and Michael. We exchanged giggles as we walked off. When we were far away from Jace and his friends .. “Do think we pulled it off?” I asked. “The lawn…wow you had it really bad!!” And both girls snickered away. “Umm you woke up in his bed….you missy had a wild night!” I said pointing a warning finger at her. “Hey! Don’t warn me ..it’s not as bad as Lily…she had three guys at the same time!” And we laughed all the way to next period. We didn’t see Jace for the rest of the day so, now it was … dress to impress.         

 Following Lil’s fashion advice, today on the last day on school I walked of the car wearing a black mini fitted skirt, black tights, suede black boots, fitted black mini dress and a mini dark red leather jacket. I had straightened my hair and so had Lil. Lily was wearing a very fancy fitted hot pink dress with combat boots. I carpooled with Lil as usual and Liz was late? “GUYS!” nope she’s not late. By the look on Liz’s face…I bet I looked damn good and by the look on my face she probably thought the same about herself. Liz was wearing a ripped shorts with an off shoulder short flared top and black converse. We looked around… we were most definitely the odd three but ever since, I always never cared about what others thought so …not a problem for me.

Jace was just parking his car and we immediately linked arms and walked past him. He looked at us and smiled as we passed his car and Lily winked at him. After the wink and after we passed him, her head turned around to stare at him. Yeah he was cute but all he was worthy of is giving me an invite. Thinking about it now ... he was really cute with his messy blonde hair, 6 pack abs that show under his white see through shirt and his dimples and his blue eyes ( which happen to be my fav colour ) and lip ring ( adds to the bad boy look which sadly I’m attracted too – bad boys ) etc. etc. so yeah he’s cute and I was checking him out and he was probably noticing because I was gawking at him just like Lily and ... I looked over at Liz who was doing the same as us. I turned away quickly when I saw him staring and pulled both girls with me as I quicken my paste to the main building.