Chapter 1

I've always loved nights like this, nights with clear skies. The stars dancing through the black and lifeless sky. The night has forever been the highlight of my day, the time I look forward to, no matter what. Walking down this road I feel as though I could reach and touch the stars. My body feels weightless as if a million types of gravitational pulls could ever bring me down The sun is gone and there no life left. Then the moon comes along and paints the sky while bathing it in tiny sparkles that revive the corpse in the sky. I draw in a deep breath. There is something missing inside me, there always has been. The only inside me only seems to get bigger each day, these nights provide comfort, they always have. Few people really look at the sky and cherish it. It's a whole new magical world I can barely wrap my head around. With every inhale my lungs get filled with pure air. I walk at the slowest pace imaginable, taking in every bit of this evening with every step I take. Millions upon millions of thoughts are running through my head. I lower my head to look at the road in front of me when I see him. He's standing in the middle of the road. His eyes are starring up at the sky, his arms are crossed at his chest, and he looks as if he's waiting for something or someone. I keep walking hoping for some reason that he won't look up, he does. His eyes were cold and lifeless as he stared at me. "You have no idea who I am, do you?". I was shivering. It was a cold night out but that wasn't the reason as to why I was shivering. " answer me" he said in a voice that resonated that of a black hole. "No, so why don't you explain to me who you are". His eyes showed brief disbelief and then his face turned ashen. "you are not supposed to be here" he proclaimed with a slight tremor in his voice. "you are no one to tell me where I can or cannot be" I retaliated, my harshness surprised me but I maintained my ground. He took a step towards me and I took a step back. I tried to take another one but somehow my feet had become glued to the floor. I watched as he deliberately walked towards me. The smile on his lips seemed to know the situation I was in. as he walked towards me, time stood still, and suddenly I was walking towards him like metal is drawn to a magnet. Suddenly, all the anger I once felt was vanishing in impressive speed. It scared me. I wanted to run away but I couldn't. " Please don't do this" he whispered, "do what?" I asked. "please don't break my heart and disappear". With those words, he took my face in between his hands and pressed his lips against mine, and I closed my eyes. I felt like all my senses were awakening. I could feel his soft, velvet-like hair, hear his heart beating rapidly, smell the aftershave radiating from his skin, I could taste the coffee on his lips, and when I finally opened my eyes I could see the silvery specks in his depthless eyes. But then, It all came back, all of the memories came rushing back and they hit me like a train.  All of a sudden I remembered the agony, the pain, and blood. The images came like a stormy ocean and the waves were dragging me to the bottom. I couldn't breathe. My lungs were begging for the air that never seemed to appear. I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness, and then there was a flash of light. The warmest feeling spread through my body. Instantaneously, every single bit of pain I'd felt prior to this moment had disappeared. I opened my eyes and found him staring straight back. His brow creased in worry and anguish.