Chapter 3

I don't know how long it's been since the accident. My sobs quieted down to small hiccups with dry tears stained on my face.

This is all my fault. If only I didn't have that stupid party at my house or maybe let go of Aaron when Regina took him back. Whatever it was, I would do anything to restart this year.

"Why the hell are you crying on the bathroom floor?" says a familiar voice. Wait, it can't be. Lifting my head up, I gasp.

"R-Regina? But how?" I stand up abruptly.

The Queen Bee is standing? hovering? right in front of me. How is this possible? I can't help but gaze in confusion.

"What?" Regina snaps me out of my thoughts.

"You didn't answer my question. Are you a ghost haunting my life or what?" I ask.

"Oh. I don't know, I never talked to God or someone about this part of my life. I swear if this is suppose to be hell, I think I'd rather be in actual hell than this garbage." She gestures to either the school or my life, I have no idea.

I manage to calm down a bit before apologizing.

"Regina, I'm really, really sorry about everything. I didn't – I didn't think that you would . . . " I falter.

"Die?" She finishes like it's not a big deal.

I nod, staring at the ground. I can't bring myself to look her in the eyes without breaking again.

Rolling her eyes, she continues. "Stop making this about you, I'm the one who got hit by the bus."

Hesitantly, I glance up at her. It's weird talking to the ghost of a former -fake- friend of the devil, but at the same time, she is (was?) still human. Yet, being face-to-face with the Queen Bee, alone, her sarcastic remark sounded as if she was somewhat joking. How can she joke about her death? How can she take this – this accident well? We lock eyes as I search for any forgiveness, but only finding hate and annoyance, I break the contact. Regina furrows her brows in (I think) concern when I don't reply quickly. Is she even capable of that feeling?

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? Also, this whole thing of you being a ghost is just difficult to take in," I sigh, feeling a small headache coming.

"Yeah well, sorry doesn't cut it, byotch," she remarks.

My headache grows worse the more I talk to this reminder of my guilt. I rub my eyes with my fingers to try to clear the blurriness.

"I can't do this right now," I say as I walk past the ghost towards the door.

"Hey! Don't you dare walk out on me! This conversation is not over!" she shouts, reaching to grab my arm, but to only phase through.

Even though I can't touch her, I can still feel the cold air that the blonde is now, which sends shivers down my spine.

"Regina, can we talk some other time? This whole day is overwhelming, the burn book, you and the bus, and those rumors about me—"

She interrupts. "Rumors?"

I shake my head, sighing.

"Everyone thinks that I pushed you into the bus," I explain.

"Oh," for a moment, she looks sympathetic, but quickly hardens her expression.

"But you didn't, blame that stupidly blind driver instead," she accuses.

That takes me off guard.

"Wait, so you don't blame me?"

"Well not for THAT obviously," she emphasizes. "For everything else, yes."

"That's . . . fair," bowing my head in shame.

"So," she continues. "What're you gonna do about it, CAdy," purposely pronouncing my name wrong for annoyance.

I shrug in response as I heads towards the door again.

"Ugh! Fine, we'll talk later. I hate this bathroom anyways," she groans then disappears into thin air.

Great, now I have to deal with the ghost of the Queen Bee.

~~~

A/N: Anyone else getting a Heathers vibe? Cause I am whenever I'm writing this. Btw, Heathers is amazing if any of u haven't seen it or listened to the musical, it's GREAT. Anyway, please comment and all that stuff. Godspeed with y'all!