[5] : Private Property

"So forgive me for my absence,but I was never really here to begin with

but I was never really here to begin with."

•——•

Peter's POV

I don't know when everything started, but I knew that i'd have to try twice as hard to protect everyone I love. Since I met Mr. Stark, my suit has been upgraded tremendously and the technology inside of it never failed to amaze me.

I was perched atop a building when I heard muffled talking coming from an alley about a mile out. I made my way through the streets before stopping in my tracks to see a girl. She was short, probably only five foot one, and was wearing a leather suit.

"Again! Keep on doing it until you burn the whole target!" A man was pacing back and forth behind her, barking orders like she was some kind of tool.

"I'm trying!" The small girl huffed before turning back to the target thing on the brick wall. She turned and her long hair swooshed over her shoulder, face covered in a mask.

"You think they care if you're trying?! They care if you're dead!" He stopped pacing and pulled out his phone. "I don't have time for this. Keep going until I come out!" The man walked towards the building's side door, leaving the girl behind to do god knows what.

I watched for a little while longer until I saw something completely unexpected. Her hands grew as red as my suit and she let out a yell of anger, the next thing I knew, the target was in complete flames.

"'Set it on fire!' 'Make it ash!' He's a god damn idiot, that's what he is." The girl was angry, it didn't take an idiot to notice. She was pacing back and forth at a quick pace despite her short legs.

I leaned in closer to get a better look, but I guess I lost my footing and went toppling towards the cement. I caught myself at the end, landing on all fours as I froze in my spot, waiting for her to call out.

"What the hell?! Now you got this guy." She muttered to herself, but my ears still picked it up.

"What the hell do you want? This is private property ya know?" She crossed her arms after walking over to where I was now standing, popping her hip out.

"Uhm, whose private property?" I guess we're playing dumb.

"Mine, you dipshit. Now skeedaddle." She made a shooing motion with her hands, but her word made me laugh.

"Skeedaddle?!" I held my stomach from laughing, the short woman obviously didn't know how to be intimidating.

"Yes. If he sees you he'll hurt you, and I don't feel like it tonight. I played hero yesterday and i'm tired. So, get the fuck out!" Her eyes turned red and I could see it through the cutouts in her flimsy mask.

"Okay, okay! I was just wondering how you did that?" I sheepishly pointed to her makeshift target before returning my attention to her again.

"Lighters. Now get!" Something told me that was a bullshit answer.

-

"Ned!" I quickly rung up my best friends number before yelling his name.

"Woah, Peter! What's up? I'm watchi-" I could hear him eating some kind of chip.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah that's cool. But dude, I met this girl. She obliterated this target thing! I can't tell you about it right now, but tomorrow, remind me! Okay, I gotta go!" My voice got higher and higher as my rambling went on, and I ran out of breath midway through.

There is one thing though, she was not impressed that Spider-man said hi.