Chapter 12 ✔

ACE

My eyes snapped open when I heard Aiden whimper next to me. I looked next to me and saw him crying in his sleep. "Aiden, come on bub. Wake up." I lightly shook his shoulder.

He jumped awake and looked at me with wide eyes. "Ace." He whimpered while climbing into my lap. I gently rocked him until he calmed down. When he did, I pulled his face out of my chest so I could look at him.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, he nodded so I continued. "A few days ago, when we woke up here. You called me daddy. Is that something you want? Do you want to be my son?" His eyes widened at the question.

"I can be that?"

"Of course! I know that Kade and I would love to have you be a part of our family"

"What do I call Alpha?" he asked causing me to smile.

"Well, since daddy is taken. How about Papa?"

"Alpha Papa! Yes!" He grinned.

"Just Papa is okay, monkey." I smiled at him while pulling him in for another hug.

The bedroom door swung open without warning and Isabella loudly said, "Happy Birthday!" She had a cupcake with a small candle in her hands.

Aiden quickly climbed out of my lap and hid behind me. It's my birthday already? That means it's the 17th, we've been missing since the 15th. I thought.

"Wow, I'm 18 already?" I faked a laugh; I had decided to take a new approach to the situation. I reached for the cake when it was close enough. I blew out the candle and broke it in half. I handed Isabella one piece and broke mine in half again for Aiden.

"What did you wish for Daddy?" Aiden whispered to me.

"You'll know soon, love. Now eat up." I said softly before turning back to Isabella. She had a soft look on her face as she stared at me.

"So, when did you realize that I was your mate?" I asked after we had finished eating.

"Sophomore year is when I started to realize that you were made for me. My life was awful, my parents were always fighting, everyone at school hated me and then you came along and showed me kindness. That was when I knew that you were my mate."

"Why did you wait until now to say anything?"

"Well, I thought that the mate bond would pull you toward me. I didn't think that that man would come into the picture."

"Daddy," Aiden whispered from behind me, tugging on my shirt, "I sleepy."

I pulled him into my lap and started to rock him gently while patting his back in a steady but gentle bum-bum... bum-bum pattern. He was out in minutes, I smiled fondly down at him forgetting that Isabella was even in the room.

"You really care about him, don't you?" She asked softly as she looked down at the bed. She looked defeated.

"I do, I've never been around little kids but there was something about Aiden that just clicked. Something inside me just knows what to do."

"We can have as many as you'd like, you know. If you want eight kids, then so be it." She spoke.

"Isabella..." I began, "I don't think you fully understand. I'm gay, I don't like you like that. I love Kade, he rescued me."

She looked at the wall sadly. "I know it's impossible for me to know who my mate is two years early, but I just know that you're my mate. There are cases of gay males being mated to females and they turn out fine. You're just confused because of the feelings you and Kade share about Aiden." She stood up and walked to the door, she opened it but turned back to look at me. "After a few months here, you'll know." then she left.

I was shocked, a fewmonths? I couldn't possibly let Aiden stay for that long. It was too dangerousfor me to do anything myself so I could only hope that Kade would find us soon.