Starting Point

Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game or DMMO-RPG. A type of game wherein you can enjoy the virtual world as if you were in it. 

Yggdrasil. One of the many games released in the era of DMMO-RPG that stood out from the rest due to its extensive map and unusually high player freedom.

But now, twelve years later, the game is shutting down for good.

Only a handful of players decided to open the game for the last time to reminisce. One of which is a player that isn't so consistent in playing after its initial release. Unlike her older sibling, she couldn't cope up with both her studies and gaming that she decided to completely stop for a while... until now.

'What bad luck... and I wanted to enjoy myself playing it again...' 

The girl sighs whilst seated in front of her computer. Yggdrasil did reach its peak in the last few years and gathered a good player base.

'All good things must come to an end, as they say.' She grumbles under her breath.

She reaches upwards and stretched her arms. It felt like it was only yesterday that she was so hyped with the game, and now it's officially closing with almost no player left in its servers.

'When was the last time I dived in-game?'

If she remembered correctly, it around the time of her collage entrance exam. Or was it before her graduation? She could recall diving in several times, although she wasn't consistently doing so, as she would always see the 'welcome back player!' banner every time. What was the last event she participated in? 

'Wait, does that even matter when the game is in its final hours?'

She recalled the times she played a lot with her brother in-game. It almost brought a smile to her face, until she also remembered those times she just couldn't get the combo he taught, and times she almost died in dungeon raids because she ignored the advices her brother and his guild mates told her. 

Without a doubt, her brother should be online as well, for probably the same reasons as her. It's really a shame that all the things they've built in the game (be it in-game items and relationships) would end after a long time.

'Alright.' She made up her mind. 'Enough thinking and more playing. Let's see... my username and password was...'

----

As soon as she opened her eyes, she felt a strong gust of wind engulf her whole being. And the next thing is that she's falling.

"Eh?"

She forced her now smaller and slimmer body to twist and see where she had spawned. Her eyes darted around the place and there she saw familiar flags, structure and an enormous chandelier hanging in the center.

"W-WHAT THE HELL?!" She screamed.

She racked her brain out, trying her best to recall how the game goes about basic movement and special controls for avatars with unique visuals. Realization hit her like a bullet and without hesitation she let her two extra limbs stretch and break her fall. Two white feathered wings spread from her waist, enabling her to land safely on the ground.

"I should've checked the tutorial again before jumping right in..." She breathed in, placing a hand on her chest. Her last save point is the area just above the main throne room (It was stated in her status screen before she dived in) so how come she was falling? Glitches aren't something new in games, for sure, but it still left her a bit puzzled. It may have been a sort of spawn bug, though it wouldn't matter much since it's shutting down.