Chapter 16- Caught and Confused

As Kagome released the blast her body felt as though it were desolving in lava. Her veins weren't moving blood, but embers and liquid fire, and her heart was pounding harder than ever to move this molten fluid throughout herself. Despite the pain, she held her resolve. Her firm stance wavered as the blast ebbed off, the black fading from her hands, and her hair settling onto her shoulders. Her teeth still bared, she glared at the stunned Sesshomaru who's body quicky crumpled, half of his torso completely gone. He didn't bleed, but his clothes fell revealing previously scarred flesh. The ground beneath him was dry and dusty, making his fall birth a small cloud of dust, the last thing to settle since the blast ended.
    Kagome, exhausted, fell to her knees. She put her hands on the ground and tried desperately to catch her breath, her body shaky and cold. It seemed that she had finally gotten it all out of her system.
The weight of her actions suddenly hit her, and the weight was heavier than anything she had ever felt. Instantly, fear crept up her spine. Had she killed this ENTIRE village? She tried to look around, to sense life in the many fallen bodies, but the pain and exaustion were too great. What had she become!? Was Sesshomaru.... Was he... She vomited suddenly and violently. Blood and bile splattered on the dusty ground and over a few scrubby patches of grass. She tried hard to crawl forward, avoiding the vomit and creeping to the lump of body that was Sesshomaru. She made it about two feet before everything faded away.
......................................................................

When Kagome came to, she found herself in immense pain. Her whole body hurt like each part of her skin had been sanded off, and the bones crushed to dust. She couldn't see a thing, and in her disorientation she couldn't make sense of anything. Aside from the pain, the first thing she noticed was her face felt wet, and she realized she was crying. She tried to lift her hand to wipe away the tears, but found she couldn't move. 'am I this injured? What have I done? Oh god' her mind began to race as everything came back to her. A million different theories, emotions and senses crashed into her at once, moving as fast as the speed of light. She nearly vomited when finally she felt something that help distract her from the mental anguish. Something was on her face and tightly. All her thoughts came to a screeching halt when she realized she couldn't see not due to darkness, but something over her eyes. Just where was she and why was she blindfolded? She tried to smell, but all she could pick up was blood in the air. 'blood? What... Who...' she felt fear grow within her again, and her breath caught in her dry, rough throat. Just what the hell was going on. She tried again to lift her hands, but they were stuck at her sides. She took a moment to try and gather what information she could. From what she could tell, she was sitting on a rock or cement floor. Something very solid and chilled. There was only the sound of air moving and dripping off some liquid somewhere not far off that echoed softly. Her legs were stretched in front of her, and her arms beside her. There was something heavy on her shoulders, legs and abdomen. Cold, heavy things. 'Chains?' she wondered. Out of ideas, and nearly full into panic, she finally tried to speak.
"H-hello?" She choked out, "is anyone around? What... Where..." She trailed off, realizing she had more questions than she could organize at the moment. There was silence for a moment, then, as sharp as could be a response broke the quiet like a shattered window.
"Welcome back to the world of the living! Or, the damned in your case. How was your nap?"
The smug voice that responded was all too familiar, despite her only having had the displeasure of hearing it once. Kagome nearly screamed.
Why was she here like this, bound and suffering in cold isolation and fear, with Belinda of all people.