Chapter 9 - New Mission

Kaleb's POV

I transform back, and take a look at the clock. It's already two o'clock I look at Ads and she still hasn't transformed back. This was what Kade and Lando feared. At least that's what they told me.

"Wait, Adelyn can't transform back?" Jackson informed.

"Yeah everyone can bloody see that Jackson!" I attacked.

"Okay." He squeaked putting both hands up.

As Ads transformed back, I could detect the fear in her. She was curled up in a ball, with her face in her knees. This is one of my friends, my girlfriend's best friend.

"Are you okay Ads?" I asked, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"I was so scared, Kaleb, I didn't think I could change back!" she cried, as I pulled her into a hug.

"I know, but you did, and that's all that matters, okay?" I assured, as she cried in my arms, "you're okay, Ads."

Kade's POV

I was sitting in the library floor leaning on the wall with Nico and Lando in front of me. I told both of them about the plan on the 14th, which is tomorrow. I'm still scared. I haven't heard from her in a while, and it's already two-thirty. After I sent the fourtieth text to Addy, Kale just texted me saying Addy is alright. Oh thank god. He also texted me about this jerk named Jackson. Just hearing about what he'd done had made my fists clench and my teeth. Lando gave me a what's wrong look while Nico gave me a calm down look. I threw my phone in frustration in front of them. Lando took the phone and they both read what Kale had texted me.

Nico's eyes widened as she spat,
"Jackson's a douchebag".

"Well said Nico." Lando agreed.

I still can't help but stay mad. Not entirely at Jackson but at myself. I wasn't there to help Addy, but at least Kale was there for her, so I calmed down a little, but I still would have wanted to protect her myself. I needed to. I promised that I would.

-

When I got home, I ran straight to my room, and shut my door. When father made Hayden give me dinner, all I did was nod at Hayden. After I finished my dinner, I went downstairs to put my plates in the sink. Before I could make it down the other half of the staircase, I heard father talk to Hayden about Addy. I stood still and eavesdropped on their conversation. I had my earphones in without music playing as my disguise if they caught me. What I had heard really got to me. He can't do this to Addy, Kaleb and the other people who are half demonised. They haven't done anything. She's never done anything. I can't believe this.

-

The next morning as I hitched a ride with Lando, I texted him what my father had said last night. Just in case, I deleted the message from my phone as soon as Lando read it.

"Seriously?" he spoke aloud.

"Seriously." I replied.

-

"Nico, Kaleb we have some bad news." I announced as Lando and I pull them over to the library where we usually meet.

"Last night my father was talking to my brother about Addy. He said that he's going to convert Addy, Kale and the rest of the Half's to fully have Demon Eyes. He was gonna recruit some one to give Addy the rest of the serum. I didn't quite catch the name, I just heard Ellie Sholver or something."

"Peculiar name..." Nico commented.

"It might not be that. I'm not entirely sure" I informed, "but all I know now is that we have a new mission. Keep Addy away from the person and the serum.

"Hey guys." Addy greeted as she came towards us.

"Addy!" I exclaimed, getting up and pulling her into a big hug. "Are you okay?"

"Oh..K, I'm perfectly fine" She suspiciously replied. Oh crap! I forgot she doesn't know we know.

"Kale texted me about a jerk called Jackson who bullied you yesterday" I explained.

"Oh, he did, did he?" She chuckled, "well I'm glad y'all care about me."

"Of course we do Ads, you're our best friend!" Nico said smiling. I refuse to let Addy go.

"Okay Kade, I think you should let Cinderella breathe." Nico teased.

Nico really knows how to embarrass me. I immediately let go of her, but she reluctantly let go of my shoulder.

-

Our first class was English. Thankfully the teacher let us move seats. The back seat was taken by Lando, Kale and I. Next to me, with an aisle was Addy, and Nico.

-

The second class wasnt all to bad either. I was still on the look out for the Ellie Sholver person my father recruited. I was not going to let Addy out of my sight. I don't think the others do either, but they don't know the feeling I feel. It's like Kale towards Nico. I l-

"K, you alright?" Asked Addy.

I looked at the incredible smile she wore, and immediately I smiled back, patting the top of her head. Man I missed this. Woah, did I just see her cheeks turn the slightest shade of pink? Or is it just my imagination wanting me to see it. Nonetheless I'm glad I can be by her side. The precious jewel that worths more than blue diamonds. My Addy, worth more than billions of dollars.

"You know Addy, there's absoltely nothing in the world that can compa-"

"Excuse me, are you in my next class?" Asked a ginger boy just a few inches taller than me.

"Umm, what year are you in?" Addy asked.

"Eleven" he replied.

"Oh no, we're not in your next class. We're in year ten" Addy replied.

"Oh that's fine," he said, "by the way, I'm Eddie. Eddie Solber."

"Oh, hi Eddie, I'm Adelyn, and this is Kaden." Addy introduced.

We shook hands and he walked away. I- hold up now! Did he say his name was Eddie Solber? That sounds like what I heard father say the person's name was. I keep a sharp eye on him as he approached Hayden. 'Coincidentially' they're in the same classes. I need to tell the others. Now.