richie

inspired by copperwise 's amaZing cherry bomb + it's dedicated to them

aged up- maybe 19??
--

"richie?" my voice rang through his house. i walked through the living room, my purse shifting against my leg.

thankfully, his horrible parents weren't home. they were on a booze cruise for two weeks so ive been spending most of my time at his house.

"rich?" i walked to his door and reached for the handle, my purse leaning forward.

i had to prepare myself each time because his beauty struck me each glance. it's not like i like him or anything. its like i love him. and today i was going to tell him.

i carefully twisted the knob and pushed open the door to see him and a girl, shirtless, making out.

my eyes widened and in a moment of confusion and anxiety i slammed the door shut and started to run down the stairs, my purse following me. still in shock and denial i stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at his closed door.

it opened and the lanky boy, still shirtless, walked out.

my heart fluttered at the sight of him but i quickly turned and started to run out.

"y/n! wait!!" richie shouted after me.

i stopped dead in my tracks, my purse hitting my ass, closing my eyes. not turning, just listening to his footsteps run down the stairs.

richie put his hand on my shoulder to turn me around. "y/n—"

"what the fUck, richard?!" i shouted, my purse swinging around as i turned, opening my eyes.

he was taken aback and stumbled backwards.

"what-what the fuck was that?! wHO the fuck was that?! you don't invite a girl-namely your best friend-namely, mE-and exchange saliva with another one while she's here!! especially when your best friend comes to tell you that she—" i cut myself off, realizing what i was about to say.

he furrowed his eyebrows. "when she comes to tell me what?"

"nothing. when she comes to tell you nothing. nothing that matters anymore, anyway." i huffed, crossing my arms. "bye, rich. i can't be here right now. especially when you have another girl here." i walked out the door, ignoring his protests and shouts.

--