CHAPTER 1

An alarm signaled the arrival of dawn in a quiet messy dorm room in Seoul, South Korea. "Oh no, it's four a.m. already" murmured a sleepy Ji Sung Hye as she turned under the covers. Running her fingers through her messy bob, she stood up adjusting her oversized Hello Kitty t-shirt. The alarm was turned off as she unplugged her pink smartphone placed by her small wood nightstand. She moved quietly trying not wake her roommate and best friend Choi Soo Jin who was sleeping in the top bunk bed. As she opened the bathroom door, Soo Jin spoke in her sleep while removing her sleeping mask, "Call your mom. She texted me five times yesterday." Soo Jin turned and placed her leg over the railing. Sung Hye shrugged realizing she hadn't spoken to her mother in months. She only texted her parents to confirm when she received her allowance monthly.

Quickly she showered, blow-dried her hair and started getting ready to head out to work. Sung Hye dressed in a plain white button down shirt, black jeans and running shoes. Thinking she looked better than her average self, she applied another coat of mascara before heading out the door. It was still dark outside and cold.

Today was a special day for the music industry in South Korea. The entertainment agency Next Level, also known as NL Entertainment, was hosting live auditions for their newest boy group at the SK Olympic Handball Gymnasium. Ji Sung Hye, also called Kimberly by everyone except her family, had her first opportunity to be legally close to her favorite KPOP idols.

She'd seen them before at concerts and fan meetings. However, Sung Hye had been much closer to them when she occasionally did her frequent breaking and entering into their hotel rooms. She didn't do it in order to see them naked or anything like that. Sung Hye had a growing fascination with stealing personal items and selling them online.

"You're late!" snapped the head coordinator with a permed blonde hair as she saw Sung Hye approaching.

"It's not even five" Sung Hye complained since employees were supposed to arrive at five thirty in the morning.

The head coordinator, called Seagull behind her back, shook her head as spoke into her earpiece. "Kimberly! You'll be in charge of escorting the performers to the main stage" Seagull shouted before giving the others their instructions.

Soon, Sung Hye was given a similar headset and a clip board with the time of the lineup performing today at the Olympic Handball Gymnasium. She was very excited since she'd been waiting for this new rookie group to finally debut. Before she could start daydreaming of meeting the trainees, Seagull's voice shouted into her ear claiming to prepare the waiting rooms before heading out to greet the idols as soon as they arrive at six thirty.

***

Park Hyun Ki was touching absentmindedly the black leather seat as he sat with his back facing the van's window. He blocked the manager's conversation with his fellow group members because today he felt something was off. Frustration hit him since he couldn't identify what was wrong. Hyun Ki wasn't nervous, yet he felt uneasy as if somehow the end of his career would be sooner rather than later as experts in the music industry said. The KPOP veteran kept smiling trying to appease his mind because he'd been performing for over eight years.

Hyun Ki had started in NL Entertainment as a trainee at the age of thirteen. He debuted with Sung Woo, Jung Nam and Adam at the age of eighteen as a group called Spirit Warriors, also known as Jeongsin Jeonsa, 정신 전사, and soon became a world sensation. Their popularity sky rocketed as they debuted with a hip hop high school bad boy concept. Now SW's concept had matured becoming sexier and manlier more permanently. This group not only got number ones on domestic charts with each comeback, but also reached the top ten in world charts, making history for NL Entertainment. Fame also brought new projects and deals for SW. However, with Hyun Ki being their leader, he soon was favored and singled for independent projects including two solo albums and three television dramas.