Chapter 3 - The Secret Communicator

° ° °     \~/

     I dived down into the ocean. "Avery!" I called. Soon I heard the thump thump thump of Avery's tail.

     So you're wondering who Avery is. He's my friend. My best friend, as a matter of fact. The only thing is, he's a dolphin. But he's the best dolphin EVER!

     He swam toward me rather quickly, accidentally crashing into me.

     "OOF!" I mumbled, making bubbles coming out of my mouth. (Don't worry, I can breathe underwater.) "Avery!" I said. It sounded kind of weird underwater, like bubbles were trying to speak. If you get what I mean.

     I looked down into the deep water as the book the Fire Elemental gave me sunk deeper and deeper into the water. I grabbed it and created an air bubble around it, one of my newest tricks, to protect it from getting ruined.

     "Avery!" I said, "Take me to Auio."

     That's another thing - Auio is mermish for palace, or Water Kingdom,  (ironic, right?) Mermish is very complicated... it can also mean pearl. So, haha, my kingdom is called Pearl. But really, the FULL name is Auio Metropolis. Yeah. It means "big city" on another plantet. (So called Earth.) But Metropolis is mermish for Anieta. And Anieta... is what my kingdom is called.

     Anyways, after giving you a short lesson on Mermish, shall we move on to the rest of the story? Good.

     So anyways, Avery took me deep into the ocean, so deep that only Water Elementals can survive, (because of air pressure or something.) Soon, way off in the distance, we saw a light. Auio Metropolis.

     It's a really pretty place, mind you. The palace is huge, with giant blue and sea green pillars with silver here and there. Around the palace is a huge place that looked alot like another place on Earth that's called Venice. It's very surprising that they look so much alike. But instead if traveling by boat in the rivers that flow in between houses, the merpeople used that place for transportation. They are really good traders, and some of them are loyal subjects to my mom and dad, the Queen and King of this place. There are two big iron doors, one that lets you in, and one that lets you out.

     Oh, and did I mention that the whole kingdom was in a giant glass dome? Yeah, no wonder you were probably wondering how rivers can flow in water.

     Anyways, Avery swam me to the big iron door that led inside the kingdom. Only Water Elementals and merpeople can pass. If anyone else tried, well... lets just say that they'll be in for a long day.

     I tapped on the door three times. It opened, almost smacking me in the face as the doors swung outward. (And no, it's not just a code, the door only activates like that when it feels the touch of a Water Elemental/merperson, and when they tap in their given knock. Yup, every single person has a different knock to do so the royal guards in the kingdom know who is coming in and out. But I know another secret passage way. I'll tell you later.)

     I swam inside and got pushed into a river by the current. Soon I was in one of the main mermish transportation systems. I swam out and raced toward the palace.

     When I got there, Mom and Dad were at the front with a scared expression on both of their faces.

     "Ciarra!" my mom said quietly as I approached them. "We... must talk to you."

     My father opened his mouth to speak, but mom shushed him. "Actually," she said rather angrily, "I should just tell her myself."

    Dad started to protest, but Mom whispered something in his ear. His cheeks went bright pink in embarrassment and he left to go to his study. I don't even know why he's going there, because he only uses it if-