chapter 2

🌿Isabel's POV🌿

"Morning, Mom," I say in a groggy voice.

"Morning, sweetie. After breakfast, you need to stop by the Besson's house to paint."

I was going to complain but I knew that it was important to get this job done. "Ok, mom. I'll head over there in a bit." She nods her head and leaves the house to get materials.
,,,
After breakfast, I got dressed and then drove over to the house. I knocked but no one answered. "Hello?" I asked as I open the door. I walk into the house and go to the living room, where I find a can of paint. I pour the paint and begin applying strokes of paint to the wall. After about half an hour of painting, I hear someone walk through the door then a loud crash. What the hell.

I walk towards the front entrance and see a blonde boy on the ground. I believe his name was Corbyn. "Oh my God! Are you ok?" I say as I lean down by his side.

He slowly begins to sit up, then he leans up against the wall. "Who the fuck are you?" he says, slurring his words. He is obviously drunk out of his mind. I ignore his rude reply and help him up.

"I'm Isabel, I'm painting your house. I think you should lay down."

He shoves me off of him and I stumble backward into the wall, hitting my head. "No, get the fuck away from me." He says and then he heads toward the kitchen. I grab my phone and storm out of the house, rubbing the bump on my head. What a dick.
,,,
"Ugh. One second, I'm coming," I yell as I walk towards the door. When I open the door to see who is pounding on it, a familiar blonde boy comes into view. It has been three days since the last time I saw him. I have been working on his house every day but he hasn't been around, luckily. He looks up when he hears the door open.

"Hi, Isabel," he says softly.

"Hi, Corbyn. Suprised you remember my name." I reply in a muted tone. I guess you could say I'm not very happy to see him.

"I- I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was a dick. And I know it isn't really an excuse, but I was drunk."

"Ok. Um, thanks."

"I'd like to make it up to you."

"Make it up to me?" I ask quirking an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I'll buy you food or something?"

I know he was a dick, but something about him was impossible to resist. "Ok let's go," I say stepping out of my house and closing the door.

"Now?"

"Got other plans?"

"N- No I just- I'm surprised you even want to talk to me."

"Me too, honestly. Now come on."

We get into his car and drive to a diner. Once we arrive Corbyn yells at me to stay in the car. At first, I was confused and I thought he was being a dick again, but he just wanted to open my door for me. I take his hand that he has extended out to me to help me out of the car. "What a gentleman," I say, causing him to blush a little. We get inside the diner and sit in a booth close to the entrance.

"What can I get you guys?" A waitress asks.

I look over at Corbyn and he reassures me, "Go ahead, get anything you want. On me."

I nod and then place my order, "I'll have fries and a chocolate milkshake." Corbyn frowns at me. "That's all you want?" he asks. "You can get anything. I'm buying." I laugh a little at his disappointment. "No, it's fine. Really that's all I want."  He shakes his head in disappointment and turns to the waitress to order. After scribbling down our orders she walks away. Then Corbyn turns to me.

"I just want to apologize again. I am really sorry."

I reach across the table and grab his hand, causing him to look up into my eyes. "I forgive you, honestly. We've all had our drunken moments," I say the last part with a laugh and Corbyn sighs in relief.

We make casual conversation while eating. After finishing our food the waitress comes over to our table to collect our dishes. As we wait for the check I look up at Corbyn,

"So do you drink a lot or was it just, like, a party or something?" He begins to look a little flustered. "Oh- um-" I cut him off, "You don't have to answer I was just wondering."

He shakes his head, "No. It's fine. You just caught me off guard. I am trying to get sober, I started drinking when my dad got sent to prison. It's to help me cope. But I am trying to stop. Whenever I drink I become a completely different person."

"I can tell," I say with a half smile. He gives me a sympathetic look and opens his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. "If you are going to apologize again, don't. I forgive you." An apologetic smile forms on his face. Just then the waitress comes with the check. He pays then we head out the door and get into his car. We start driving home, enjoying the night air.

🌿🧪💚🌵