iv. a cry to chris

CHAPTER FOUR
A CRY TO CHRIS !

AFTER that night's dinner of the perfectly balanced protein, vegetables and fruit so that their diets were in order for maintaining thought process, focus and agility, the boys were quick to shove Eliza off to the student lounge. 

Eliza sat with Neil, Charlie and Cameron in the corner of the room to do trig since none of them were the best at it. 

"If I could kill a subject, I would," Eliza muttered, erasing most of her work from the first question. She stared at the hand written questions her Uncle had given her as she made a face at it.

Sadly, her trig was different than the boy's since they didn't have trig with Keating, only English and it was starting to grate her nerves when she continued to figure out what was going on and unable to ask for help. 

Neil, Charlie and Cameron had made it to number five in a snap and then were stuck for twenty minutes. 

Eliza leaned over to look at Neil's book and try to help. If she couldn't even figure out her own she wasn't sure how much help she'd be. 

"The numbers become x and then... I don't know after that," Eliza shrugged at Neil, her hand brushing against his arm as she pointed at the long stream of numbers.

Neil nodded, his glasses perched on his nose as he followed her finger. "Okay, thanks," he muttered, eyebrows furrowed.

"This is why I like English," Eliza said, still watching Neil's face. "Even if you don't get it, there's a good chance that you can chance the answer and still be right."

Neil looked over at Eliza, his lips turning up impishly at her statement. 

"That's true, although you could be catastrophically wrong," Neil shrugged, twirling his pencil between his fingers.

"If you two are done..." Cameron called, trying to finish his sentence but just ended up flinging his hands up. "Then can we continue with this. What did you get for five, Neil?"