t w e n t y t w o

"what are you doing saturday?"

richie has a questioning look on his face as he asks this.

"nothing," eddie answers after thinking about it, and he flips a few pages of one of his textbooks. "why?"

"i was just gonna ask if you wanted to go see a movie," richie proposes after a moment of chewing on the end of his pencil. "you can say no, obviously, but if you wanted to..."

eddie smiles a bit, flipping another page. "no, yeah, i'd like that."

"yeah?"

"yeah."

"what do you want to see?" richie then asks after a minute of silence. "the theatre is doing a night of a bunch of classics. mean girls, the breakfast club, the shining, the wizard of oz, the original 'it'."

eddie likes that idea, and he grins, because most of his favourite movies are classics, so that's pretty cool. "the shining is definitely one of my all time favourite movies. i've seen it at least twelve times, and it never gets old."

"so then we'll see the shining," richie decides, offering a small grin.

"wait, really?"

"i mean, yeah, why not?" rich places his pencil down and leans further forward on the table. "you love it. and it's a classic. and it's a horror. sounds perfect."

"okay," eddie agrees to, and then he's kind of excited for saturday night.

the bell rings and the two boys rise from their seats, packing away their belongings into their backpacks. "i'll catch up with you later tonight, okay?"

eddie nods, and then richie walks away. eds finishes packing up his things, and then he's rushing through the halls towards his biology classroom, trying desperately to make it there before the second bell so he isn't late.

eddie makes it to the classroom with a few seconds to spare. when he moves towards his usual seat, will is already in his own, offering a goofy smile as soon as eddie sits.

"hey," will whispers as class starts, and the teacher begins rambling on about the mitochondria.

"yeah?"

"what are you doing saturday?" will asks. before he can continue, he's interrupted.

"mr. byers, either keep your mouth shut or be sure to get perfect on your next test."

will flushes in embarrassment. "sorry, miss."

the teacher goes back to teaching, and will scrawls a note on a piece of paper instead, sliding it over to eddie.

it reads, whatr u doing saturday? there's this cool carnival thing just outside of town that my parents wanna bring me 2. they want to meet u.

eddie is confused. the two of them had hung out, what, three times? and been on one kind of date, and now will's family wants to meet him?

eddie pulls out his own piece of paper to write a reply.

sorry, i have plans with richie on saturday.

he slips the paper over with a look of apology on his face.

will tries not to laugh when he sees the message. sorry, forgot abut ur 'boyfriend'. you kno u don't have 2 pretend anymore arnd me?

eddie furrows his eyebrows. i'm not pretending. richie and i are kind of close. we actually have plans.

when will reads this message, he doesn't reply.

-
hey babes so when i reach 1k followers i'm gonna go on a MAJOR update spree for all my books- and i'm only two away!! i had 998 so the sooner i reach 1k you all get a bunch of chapters from all my books lmaooo