Chapter 7: "I no wanna fight dragons!" "Idontcare, you're going!" "But-" Shush."

As you can see I love making up chapter names😂
*clears throat*
Onto the chapter!
Quick edit for typos: 22/6/2021

Hiccup's POV

After waking up, I decide to get out of there before the dragon can come back to finish me off. Getting up from the ground, I grab my knife before beginning to trek slowly through the forest. I realise, as I walk along the path (and I am reminded of the dragon when I pass by the evidence I found), that I must have been unconscious for a fair few hours, because it's getting late now. I stay silent on the outside, not wanting to draw attention to myself in case the dragon is still around, but on the inside my mind is whirling.

I shot down a Night Fury! Then, I let it go! I can't believe I survived! It didn't kill me! But why?! Why didn't it kill me?! I should be dead...Well, I guess I'll never understand Thor's creatures...oh, man, a LOT has happened today!....Well, technically last night andit's sundown! I was out a whole day!

I look up to find myself in front of the house. I guess I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise I arrived.

I open the door silently and peak in. I slip inside, getting it by a wave of comforting warmth from the fire, and let the door close softly behind me. I slip past my dad, whom is at the fire poking away with his back turned to me, and I start climbing quietly up the stairs.

"Hiccup." He says, head raising, jsut as the stairs creek below me.
Damn it! Curse me and my apparently non-existent sneaking ability. Or maybe my dad just has eyes in the back of his head.....

"Dad! Uh..." I exclaim, acting as if I didn't notice him and stopping abruptly.

Well......I guess that he.. deserves to know..... but I know I can't tell him about the Night Fury. I'll just say...I'll say that I have decided that I no longer wish to fight dragons. Yes, that'll make him happy.

I let out a quiet sigh and back down a few steps.
"I have to talk to you, Dad..." I say as I stop halfway up the stairs. If I tell him that I can't kill dragons he won't have to watch me fail in life at killing them.

"I need to speak with you too, son!" Dad says, facing me and slapping his hands together nervously.
Here goes...
-------
AUTHORS P.O.V

Hiccup and Stoick simultaneously say "I've decided I don't want / I think it's time you learn / to fight dragons. What?"
--------
(Just did it for that bit cause I couldn't figure out how to write it.)
Hiccup's POV.

"You were first." Dad offers awkwardly.
No, I need to hear what he was going to say. Besides, he'd probably interrupt me anyway.

"No, no, you go first!" I insist, backing down the stairs slowly and stopping on the last step, waiting for his reply.

"Alright. You get your wish. Dragon Training. You start in the morning!" Dad says, finishing by placing his hands on his hips.

ARGH NO! NO! Oh no. It is NOT my wish and I CAN'T kill dragons! NOPE, NO WAY! Oh this is just my luck!

Obviously, I panick.

"Oh, man, Oh no, I should've gone first!" I murmur, awkwardly. "Uh, 'cause I was thinking, you know, we have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough... bread-making Vikings? OR--OR small home repair Vikings--?" I desperately try, making punching gestures at 'Dragon-fighting Vikings' and waving my arms around to express myself as I ramble on.

"You'll need this!" dad says, handing me a heavy axe.
Whoa that's heavy! Who needs to make weapons this heavy?! Ha, no wonder we get killed. But I'M gonna be killed if I have to fight dragons, I don't even WANT to fight them!

"Dad, I don't want to fight dragons!" I say, walking up to my dad.
"Oh, Come on. Yes, you do!" Dad insists, waving a hand in dismissal and turning and walking away. I walk after him.
Not anymore I don't!
PLEASE don't tell me he's not going to ignore me, again.

"Fine, Rephrase: Dad, I can't kill dragons!" I exclaim, still holding the axe as I try a different approach.

"But you will kill dragons!" My dad tries to reassure me in a tone that is a little too high pitched.
Ha, If only he knew! But I can tell obviously by that pitch that he's not so sure that I'll kill dragons anyway.

"No, I'm really very extra sure that I won't!" I say.
I couldn't kill that dragon, there's no way I could kill any dragon!
"It's time, Hiccup!" Dad says, turning to face me again. He's still not listening.
I can't believe this!

"Can you not hear me?! I can't kill dragons!" I beg, as I look up at the towering figure desperately. I need him to listen!

"This is serious, son! When you carry this axe, you carry all of us with you," He says seriously. "Which means you walk like us. You talk like us. You think like us. No more of... this!" He picks up the axe so I'm holding it properly, pulling me up straight and then tapping his head as he demonstrates 'Walk, talk and think.'

But, I don't think I can dumb myself down that much! It sounds painful.
And what is with everyone wanting me to stop being myself?! Wait, scratch that, why do people keep telling me to do different things? One moment it's Gobber telling me to stop trying to be someone I'm not, the next it's my uncle Spitelout expecting me to be, I don't know, a door mat... then it's someone else telling me to be a fishbone, yet I already am. Now it's my dad telling me to be some dumb as a rock, boar headed, dragon killing Viking with my charming Viking demeanor. Typical.

"You just gestured to all of me!" I say, annoyed and rolling my eyes a little.

"Deal?" Dad says, in a tone that says 'you better agree!'

"This conversation is feeling very one-sided!" I add, glaring angrily and breaking then remaking eye contact quickly.
Like all of our conversations.

"DEAL?!" My dad demands.
Ha, Like I have a choice.

"Deal!" I say, turning my head away closing my eyes in defeat.
This is just perfect. Like, wow. Fun. Dragon training! Yay. I'm so excited.
NOT!

----
Thanks for reading:) How was it? Terrible? Amazing? Meh?
Sorry for any errors etc.
Bye all :)