Chapter One: We're Not Friends

"Where is this kid?! It's already 8am! We were supposed to leave an hour ago!"

Chloe drops herself onto the couch inside the tour bus and crosses her arms. She glares at her tour manger, Janice, and gives her an annoyed look. Her manager rolls her eyes and leaves the bus to take a phone call.

Chloe steps off of the bus to follow her and begins to yell, "If that KID isn't here in 5 minutes we are.."

And just at that moment, she sees a boy with brown hair and a huge smile walking towards the bus, carrying his luggage. He is greeted by Janice and someone else takes his bags for him. Chloe steps back into the bus and sits at the table.

She pulls her phone out and begins to look through her Twitter. She is planning on ignoring the boy when he comes inside of the bus. 

"Chloe, I'd like you to meet Sam Woolf."

Sam reaches out to shake her hand, "Hi, it's nice to meet you."

Chloe doesn't look up from her phone for one second. She doesn't give any reply.

Sam pulls his hand away slowly, "Okayy then..."

"She'll warm up to you eventually.. Hopefully.. Don't take my word for it." Janice says to Sam. Chloe looks up to glare at her and Janice just smiles back.

"Have fun you two!" Janice exclaims as she walks off the bus.

Sam makes himself comfortable on the couch and the bus starts moving. The first stop of the tour will be in Philadelphia and they're driving all the way there from Florida.

"So, my favorite music artists are Ed Sheeran, John Mayer, and David Gray. I have a dog named Buddy. I live with my grand--" 

"Excuse me?" Chloe rudely interrupts.

"I'm sorry, what?" Sam replies.

"Why the hell are you telling me all of this? Do you think I actually care? You think we're friends or something? I don't even know you."

"Well, that's why I'm telling you about myself.. So we can get to know each other.."

"You will never know me." Chloe responds as she puts on her earphones and blasts her music.

Sam just shrugs and shakes his head. He lays down on the couch and lifts his arm to place it behind his head. He shuts his eyes and he begins to fall asleep.

Chloe looks over at him while he's sleeping. She begins to imagine herself talking to him and letting him know her deepest secrets. She imagines him holding her hand and brushing the hair out of her face. She imagines him looking into her eyes and he leans in to ... 

"Nope. Not going to happen. Ever." Chloe thinks to herself and looks back down at her phone.

Several hours later, their bus finally stops at the venue that they are playing at. Sam wakes ups at the sudden jolt of the bus stopping. He rubs his eyes and pulls himself up to look out the window of the bus.

"Awesome! We're here!" Sam exclaimed.

He turns back to look at Chloe but she is already walking out of the door and it slams shut.

"What have I gotten myself into..."