Once More

Every now and then I come here on this hill. It's dead silent most of the time. I love sitting next to the big old tree, where no bird dares to land on. It's calm and peaceful. And it is lonely sometimes but this girl always comes when I'm there. She doesn't talk. But she smiles when I look at her.
And that night - she came again.

Her feet were dirty and her jeans were ripped as well as her long shirt. Messy semi-short hair with leaves in it and some dirt on her pretty pale face. Bruises and bite marks were left all over her body with fresh blood flowing from some of them. The moonlight illuminated her beautiful deep green eyes that had no spark in them, no signs of life. She was beautiful but looked almost like a dead child. Her skin was pale as snow. I reached over to touch her cheek when she slapped my hand and stepped back. She kept silent but didn't go away. Shadow fell over her face and I couldn't see her eyes anymore. I took out a tissue and reached again to wipe the blood off her lips. She fought raising her hands and trying to back down. But I took her wrist and held her while with the other hand I carefully went along her soft, pale-pink lips.
Her neck was covered with bruises and I always assumed she hurt it with falling from somewhere.

She hugged me around my neck and smiled warmly with her head turned to the big tree.
There was a branch. No wind ever made the trees dance on this hill. Now for the first time it blew the leaves from some branches as well as this one. But it wasn't a branch..
It was a noose.. That was meant to be used once more.