Three

Lapis POV

It had been almost a week since Lapis had found Peridot in her garden, and since then they had spent almost every minute they could of it together (because of school and all). Lapis just loved spending time with her new friend. Though there was something a little off. Whenever she was around Peridot she got this weird feeling in her stomach, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Every moment she wasn't with Peridot, she was thinking about her. She'd never felt like this around anyone, especially not a girl. Her dad would never approve. And she knew if her mom were still here, she wouldn't approve either.

Suddenly she heard her phone ringing from downstairs. She must have left it down there after breakfast.

She slid down the staircase banister, rushing to her phone. When she got to the kitchen, however, she saw her dad holding her phone and press decline. Lapis gave him a confused look, and he motioned for her to sit next to him on the sofa. He looked angry.

"Lapis," His deep booming voice said. "Why is Peridot GREEN calling you?" Lapis gulped. Her dad sounded very upset.

"I-i...uh...," She stuttered. She didn't know how to answer. She knew he would stop her and Peridot's friendship if he knew.

Lapis' dad raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer. He left Lapis no choice. "I'vebeenhangingoutwithherandnowwe'refriends!" She said quickly. Her dad shot her a confused look.

"What was that, sweetheart? You spoke too quickly," He said calmly.

Lapis took a deep breath. "I said I've been h-hanging out with her and now we're... f-friends...," She said, looking down at her lap.

Her dad scoffed. "WHAT?!" He practically yelled. "MY daughter, is friends with a GREEN?!" He looked even madder than Lapis thought he would be.

"Dad... it's ok... she's really nice actually!" Lapis said, but Mr. Lazuli didn't want to hear it. He jumped up from the couch, storming out to the door. Lapis rushes after him. "Dad!! Where are you going?!" She asked, but she could already see the Green's house coming up on the right.

"I'm going to go tell that little Peridot of their's to go to hell, and leave my daughter alone!" Lapis was on the verge of tears. She jumped in front of her dad, stopping him in his tracks. "Lapis, mov-" Her dad tried to say before he was cut off by an angry bluenett.

"No, dad, listen to me!!" She screamed, tears running down her face. "You can't hurt her! She means everything to me! Why do you hate her so much?! You don't even know her! Just because she's your enemy's daughter, you have to treat her like a big piece of crap! She's never done anything to you! You've never even seen her besides from when you creepily look through the window at her and her family! And yeah, don't think I don't see you doing that! She'd never do anything to hurt you!"

Mr. Lazuli didn't know what to say. After a moment of silence and Lapis staring him down with angry eyes, he finally said "Why are you even standing up for her? She's a Green! I've heard you talk trash about her before!" Lapis almost immediately yelled back.

"Because dad, I-I... I love her, okay?!" Lapis' dad became somehow even more angry than before.

"Love her?! How can you love a Green, or even a girl, why didn't you tell me you were gay..." He went on yelling but Lapis wasn't listening to him. She was looking at Peridot, who was running over to Lapis from her yard.

Lapis ran toward Peridot too, but didn't get very far. All of a sudden she felt a sharp pain on top of her head, and everything went black.

A/N: Oooh! It's getting heated now! Get ready and hold on tight because it's gonna be a bumpy ride through drama town! (;