Raising A Disabled Baby

Faye

I want another baby, but Trey acts like he don't. I have 3 beautiful children by my husband Tremaine.

My oldest child is my only baby boy Tremaine Jr, he's 6 and in the first grade, then it's Jaclynn, and she's 5 then it's our baby girl Ka'niya and she's 3....

After I gave birth to Ka'niya, the doctor told me she was hard of hearing, and Trey was being a dumbass talking about " I don't make disable babies ", like what the hell? you sound really stupid!

I just don't wanna go up to him and talk about it... I went downstairs and seen Trey trying to learn sign language, he really wants to talk to Ka'niya!

Trey

Sitting here on the computer, trying to learn how to do sign language is very hard and I am willing to do this for my baby girl!

I know when I said " I don't make disabled babies " I was really mad because she was going to be different from her brother and sister.

I thought my baby was going to grow up and be all retarded like the other kids, but she didn't. She was the same as her siblings, but just couldn't hear!

I am willing to do everything for my baby, all my babies!

I want one more baby to complete this family but I don't think I can handle another disabled baby!

Trey : Hey baby!

Faye : Hey , what you doing?

Trey : Trying to learn how to do sign language! where you going ?

Faye : To take Niya to her audiology appointments so she can take a hearing test and try on her hearing aids. You wanna come?

Trey : Anything for my baby!

As we were driving to the hospital, I had some questions I wanted to ask so I ask Faye

Trey : Faye, baby what are hearing aids ?

Faye : I don't know what they are exactly but we are going to find out.

We arrived at Children Hospital

Of Los Angeles {I made this up, took it from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia}.

Walked in the lobby and signed her right in. Now we are waiting on the audiologist to call her!

Audiologist : Ka'niya Neverson

We got up and walked to the back into a room

Audiologist : Goodmorning, my name is Samara Summers , you may address me to Mrs. Samara.

Trey&Faye : Goodmorning!

Mrs. Samara : This must be little Miss Ka'niya

Faye : Yes it is

Mrs. Samara : Okay , we are here for Ka'niya's test and hearing aides fitting right?

Faye : Yes!

Mrs. Samara : Any questions before we go on with the process ?

Trey shook his head

Trey : What are hearing aids?

Mrs. Samara : A Hearing aid are a small device that fits in or on the ear, worn by a partially deaf person to amplify sound, meaning that they will have the opportunities to hear everything

Trey was thrilled about this

Trey : One more question, what's the hearing test for ?

Mrs. Samara : To determine wether she is hard of hearing in both ears or completely deaf, or one of each!

Trey : What if she is completely deaf?

Mrs. Samara : Then we would recommend her to wear cochlear implants !!

Faye : What are those?

Mrs. Samara : A cochlear Implant is a surgically implanted electronic device that provides a sense of sound to a person who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing.

Trey didn't like the whole cochlear implant idea.

It's been hours until they actually got the results.

Mrs. Samara : Well it seems to me that baby girl is half and half, meaning she is 45% deaf in her right ear which mean she will need a hearing aid and she is 100% deaf in her left ear and she needs a cochlear implant in that ear!

Faye : Is there any other way instead of doing the surgery?

Mrs. Samara : Yes, we can give her two hearing aids instead. It will increase her hearing in her left ear.

Trey and Faye felt relieved and bought their daughter hearing aids.

9 Years Later ........

Trey

I cannot believe I would be a father again for the 6th time, yup I said it 6th time, now Faye and I have 6 children.

We found out she was pregnant right after we bought Ka'niya's first pair of hearing aids, she give birth to Kaeden and Kaelynn then right now she giving birth to my last child and it was a girl, Kasia.

ka'niya has been great, she is teaching her siblings sign language. At first she felt like she was not loved and I, as her father, had to show her that she will always be loved by her family no matter what disability she has. I love my Ka'niya!

______________________________________________________

Thanks Guys For Reading This, What Made Me Write This Is Because The Story Is Similar To My Story, I Am Hard Of Hearing In My RIght And Deaf In My Left. Only Difference Is That My Parents Found Out I Was Hard Of Hearing/Deaf When I Was 3 Years Old , Never Got My Hearing Aids Til I Was 4 Years Old.

So Don't Forget To Rate, Leave Comments And Feedbacks They Are Truly Appreciated!!!

- Emmy💜