Chapter 19

"I want to make sure that the Clan is prepared." Pebblestep mewed, going through her collection of herbs. "Just in case Echoheart attacks again." She pulled out a collection of herbs used for treating wounds. Honeypaw felt horrible about how tiny their supply was getting and Echoheart's attack had only made the situation worse, plus they were still using herbs to treat Flash. "Snakewhisker is going to monitor everything in here."

"You mean me?" Flash questioned from his nest, lifting his head.

"Sorry, Flash." Pebblestep apologized. "It's just a precaution. It's also so that if anything happens, we have a cat some knowledge of herbs to treat any wounds. Snakewhisker stayed in here so long that he picked up quite a lot of knowledge."

"It's fine." The rogue replied, laying his chin on his paws. "I understand." Honeypaw looked at the rogue. He had been awake for a couple days and was very slowly adjusting to life in the medicine cat den. He was still clearly upset about the dead of Lilac, Honeypaw just hoped that he wouldn't try to do anything to Cinderflame.

"When will I be able to get out of here?" Flash questioned, his tone didn't sound hostile. Honeypaw couldn't place his emotion.

"Shouldn't be too long now." Pebblestep replied, sniffing his healing wound. "You'll be able to leave in a moon at the most." Flash sighed. "You could do without the attitude." The medicine cat added sharply.

"Well, I'm currently stuck in the place that is home to the cat that killed my sister." He replied with a growl. Honeypaw twitched his tail. So he is upset about it, I don't blame him, but still. We saved his life.

"You're stuck in the place that saved your life, Flash." Pebblestep growled. "And your sister is the cat that tried to kill my sister." Flash flattened his ears and looked away. "We're doing a lot more for you than Echoheart ever would. Don't forget that it's Echoheart's fault that you sister died. Cinderflame may have killed her but she was saving her own life. I don't expect you to forgive Cinderflame, but please respect the cats who saved your life. I am running dangerously low on herbs and I'm using them on some rogue who attacked my Clan." Pebblestep lashed her tail, Flash looked away.

"Sorry." He muttered, and said nothing else.

"It's just about time for us to leave, Honeypaw." Pebblestep mewed. "Snakewhisker should be here soon, let's go. I don't want to waste any time." Leaving Flash alone, Pebblestep and Honeypaw left the medicine cat den. Honeypaw was eager to go to the moonstone tonight, maybe StarClan would finally give them some answers.

The sun was starting to fall and moonhigh wasn't far behind. They quickly crossed SunClan territory, Honeypaw struggled to keep up with her mentor. She's excited too, she's hoping we get answers as well. They crossed the MoonClan border and waited for Ravenheart and Oneflight.

After a short wait, the two MoonClan medicine cats showed up. "Greetings." Ravenheart mewed, dipping his head. "How are things going? Hope you haven't' had an issue."

Pebblestep sighed. "Unfortunately, we were attacked by a gang of rogues. No serious injuries but we had to use quite a bit of our wound treating herbs." She replied. Pebblestep didn't mention Echoheart or Flash as Dawnstar had requested the medicine cats refrain from saying anything about Echoheart or the rogue they were taking care of.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but at least no cat was severely injured." Ravenheart mewed and the group of medicine cats continued on towards the Spirit Woods.

"Hopefully StarClan will give us some answers tonight." Oneflight mewed, his voice hopeful.

"I certainly hope so." Pebblestep mewed. "I need some answers, I can't keep this up. Herbs are dying faster than I can pick them." Ravenheart nodded in agreement and soon the medicine cats reached the stream that lead to the Spirit Woods. On the other side, Roseheart, Skyfeather and Blackpaw were waiting.