Chapter Two - Cody

Let me just tell you, the battle on Jakku didn't go so well. I mean, it started out well...

"Go! Surround Grievous while he's unarmed and on the ground!" My soldiers nod at my order and run over to Grievous who happened to be face down on the ground while his lightsabers location are still unknown. 

In the meantime, I contact Rex.

"Rex, we got Grievous surrounded. How are things going there." I heard faint shooting in the background. "Rex?" 

"Yeah I'm here.... and things didn't go so well." I heard shuffling. "We were forced to retreat. There were way too many." Rex made the word "way" sound like he was talking about the devil.

"Are you on your way?" I ask, kind of surprised about their retreat. 

Rex muttered something and then replied. "Yeah we're on our way." And with that he left.

I look over at my men to see Grievous getting back on his feet. Still stumbling, he succeeded and walked over to one of my clones, grabbed him by the neck and threw him into another one of my clones. 

Everyone takes a look at me and I give them a signal saying to shoot. And that's what they do.

Grievous stumbles more due to our shots and falls once again. I walk over to him signaling my soldiers to stop. 

Grievous looks up at me and laughs. "You think you have it so easy? I'll make it a challenge!" 

As soon as he finished the ground starts to rumble and droids come out on all sides having us surrounded. Grievous starts to laugh even more. Then frowns when he sees us not dead and his droids not shooting. 

"Shoot you Stupid, rusted, pieces of metal!" And with that, the droids fire. We fire as well. I take one look at Grievous who was smiling at me. 

Grievous got up and held out both of his hands. Two metal sticks fly into his hand like magnets. Then both of them glow. Lightsabers. He swings at me but I quickly dodge. He swings again. This time, it was a couple of inches away from my face (or helmet). 

I take out my blaster and try shooting but Grievous just blocks them. He pushes me backward using the force and I end up a couple of feet away from Grievous's army. I breathe in, my heart pounding like crazy. Grievous stomps up to me and picks me up by the neck causing me to choke. He puts the lightsaber up to my face. I shut my eyes waiting for the blow only to hear an explosion and for some reason Grievous let go of my neck.

I open my eyes to see Rex towering over me offering his hand. I gratefully take it and he hauls me up. 

"Get your soldiers and get in the ship!" He yells at me over the gun fire. A laser whizzes past Rex's helmet almost hitting him. "Dammit! Second one today!" Rex takes out his blaster and fires at a droid. "Now!" 

I nod and signal my clones to get in the ship. 

Once we're all in, the ship takes off. I look out onto the battlefield to see Grievous cursing. I smile. One of the first times I've smiled in a long time.